Our prestigious client seeks an experienced Linux Engineer on a 12 month FTC with the following must have skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a High Performance Computing and Linux based environment
- Hands-on experience with a variety of proprietary and open source Linux UNIX varieties
- Providing server and storage expertise in a complex and demanding Linux environment utilising a range of infrastructures
- Project management skills - roll-outs, upgrades, migrations, implementations, etc.
- Understanding of Network infrastructure
- Support the delivery of a stable computing infrastructure helping to ensure that it is efficient, effective and can adapt to changing circumstances.
- Build, configuration, administration and support of computing technologies such as: HPC Linux servers, desktops and laptops, storage, networking, physical infrastructure, software, and virtual and cloud computing
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Act as support escalation point from the IT Support Team
- Routine maintenance tasks for computing systems such as backups and patch management
- Monitoring and capacity working load planning for a variety of platforms and environments and recommending changes and enhancements for the continued service improvements.
- Coordinate and work on multiple cross-functional initiatives and projects.
- Support other IT areas as required, including project based tasks
This role will initially be working from home, but will require the successful candidate to return to the office when required.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills and be eligible to live and work in the UK without any restrictions.
Please note only candidates with all of the above essential skills will be considered for this role.
- Linux Server
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'