IT Infrastructure Support Analyst (2nd/3rd Line) - £38,000 - Wembley
Act as an escalation point for Service Desk providing support for the Groups IT services. Provide excellent customer service in all contact with users and colleagues; verbally and in writing. Resolve any assigned Incidents or Problems keeping to the agreed SLA's. Work with Infrastructure Engineers and external resources to provide advanced support (including problem management support) across all IT Systems and services.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure all Incidents/Problems are recorded accurately in the Service Management system accurately categorised with any required additional information.
- Identify and raise Problems to investigate route cause when reoccurring incidents are raised, including tracking progress of these through to completion.
- Take ownership of Problems raised by Service Desk, investigate the route cause and implement workaround/standard changes or raise a normal change at CAB as needed.
- Maintain awareness of all assigned tickets in the service management system and through other communication channels.
- Ensure accurate and complete resolutions are added to all Incidents/Problems upon resolution. Maintain the asset inventory of back end infrastructure hardware and software.
- Manage small IT technical projects from initiation through to transition to live operations and post-live support with assistance from Infrastructure Engineers as required.
- Ensure that all IT systems and services are proactively monitored at all times.
- Participate in periodic Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity tests to ensure that the plans work and all members of the team are practised and experienced in recovering systems.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Essential technical skills:
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server operating systems
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010/16
- In-depth knowledge of Citrix XenApp environments
- Knowledge of Office 365 Administration
- Knowledge of SQL Server Administration
Desirable technical skills:
- Knowledge of administration of Cisco UCCM and UCCX telephony or similar
- Knowledge of IP networking specifically cisco switches.
- Knowledge of Mimecast Administration
- Experience with Storage area networks
- Experience with VMware • Experience of Anti-Virus software (Kaspersky)