Everest are the UK’s leading home improvements company, a household name with over 50 year’s experience in the industry. We are at the forefront for product innovation, the first to introduce triple glazing to the market and our IT department are fundamental to the business.
We have an exciting new opportunity within our IT team for an Infrastructure Manager to provide leadership, control and decision-making for a specialist 3rd line technology Infrastructure team. You would be responsible for operational performance, monitoring and work planning, as well as liaising with business and IT stakeholders regarding incidents and operational issues.
Qualities and Skills required
- Expert knowledge of the components of technical architecture from 1st line to 3rd/4th including DHCP/DNS/MPLS/TCP/IP/VLAN/WAN/LAN, Network Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Hardware load balancer, Storage Area Networks, SQL Clustering and Always-on, Backup topology, Intrusion detection, Anti-virus, 2 Factor Authentication, Hypervisors, Microsoft Azure, Terminal Servers, Active Directory, SCCM, SCOM, VOIP Telephony and Windows Server & Desktop
- Strong experience within an IT Infrastructure team with at least 5+ years relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to be able to deal efficiently and patiently with all types of people
- Target driven with experience of working to hard targets, and being measured on these
- Comfortable presenting to Boards and decision makers
- Exceptional time management and administration skills
- Meticulous, detail and delivery oriented
- Motivate the team and be present in the office to support individuals. Including 1 to 1`s, appraisals and learning and development structures
- Gain team’s trust and sit with team members to discuss/be open and responsive to new ideas
- Assess and improve the IT strategy by contributing to strategic roadmaps and drive the IT strategy forward
- Flexibility for out of hours calls & monitoring
As part of an established team, this is an exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunity and will suit an aspiring professional who is looking to take their experience to the next level.
If you are interested in this Infrastructure Manager opportunity, please apply now!
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.