You will be responsible for assisting in the management of IT systems within the Delta Group, along with leading the IT helpdesk and managing 1 st line and 2 nd line staff.
You will be responsible for providing all levels of Apple, Windows & Server infrastructure and application support across the Delta Group user community. You will need to be proficient in Windows, along with Mac and Linux. You must have excellent time-management and communication abilities. You must also be hands-on and proactive with good problem-solving skills, and excellent people skills.
This post holder will also support the Director of Group IT Infrastructure in implementing and maintaining all elements of infrastructure in the Delta group of companies, and identifying
- Advanced Windows & Apple Mac OS X desktop support
- Excellent networking understanding (switching, routing, VLANs, WLAN)
- Working knowledge of telephone systems, mobiles and land lines
- Proactive approach to reduce infrastructure incidents in helpdesk system
- Backup and disaster recovery planning
- Providing input into and, where necessary, supporting the management of Capacity, Availability and Performance Management
- Storage SAN infrastructure experience
The role holder will be expected to contribute a share of day-to-day operational support issues. A flexible approach to work is essential as some out of hours support may be required.
- To lead major ISO27001 compliance project
- Support the Infrastructure platforms providing excellent service availability,
- Understand the needs of the business and recommend steps that should be taken to modify the infrastructure as the business dictates.
- Contribute to the implementation of proactive monitoring strategies, including regular checks and maintenance to ensure business continuity
- Seek to eliminate unnecessary costs
- Keep abreast of IT industry changes and recommend the implementation of appropriate advancements
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 + 2012, inc DHCP, DNS and GPO
- Experience in full ISO27001 compliance projects
- Experience in increasing security posture to decrease threat from cyber attacks
- Experience in rolling out Windows + 3 rd party patches (Adobe, MSI etc)
- Experience with Office 365 (particularly Exchange + SfB)
- Experience of managing, monitoring + troubleshooting Exchange (DAG/CAS), IIS (C#/HTTPS), SQL (AAG/OLAP) and Active Directory in an enterprise environment.
- VMware ESXi & Virtual Center virtualisation products
- Experience with telephony (Lync 2010 + Avaya SIP/ISDN)
- Multi-platform skills - Windows, Linux + Mac
- Scripting and admin of each
- Experience with SAN storage infrastructures + snapshots (pref NetApp)
- Backup technologies, including Veeam
- Experience planning/expanding high performance + resilient systems (pref web/db)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organisational commitment
- Team Work and Influence
- Planning & Prioritising
- Team management skills
- Security orientated mindset?
- Able to undertake independent project work related to areas of responsibility
A minimum of 5 years in a similar role is required.
- Mac OS