Commutable locations: Southampton, Chandlers ford, Eastleigh, Winchester.
My client are a reputable organisation in the professional service with around 1000 members of staff nationwide, they require an experienced professional to manage their IT Infrastructure.
This opportunity will allow you to lead the IT Infrastructure team, providing broad direction and taking accountability for the work of the team and allocation of resources.
You will be given the autonomy to influence the key decision making for the IT Infrastructure both internally and externally to evolve.
- You will be required to work closely with the Head of IT Operations, the Service Delivery Manager, and the wider IT leadership team, to ensure a consistent and high quality service at all times.
- Manage the wider Infrastructure team with responsibility for technical operations of all infrastructure platforms, storage, networks, telephony, & infrastructure security.
- Ensure that your team are trained and developed to maintain and improve technical capabilities in line with current operations and the IT Strategy whilst recruiting to fill identified capability gaps.
- Safeguard that the Infrastructure team handle support incidents and requests in a manner which allows BAU.
- Increase visibility and awareness of the impact to Infrastructure services and technology, due to business and commercial requirements
- Maintain strategic awareness of industry developments with regard to Infrastructure Strategy and Operations, such that the benefits of any new technologies, methodologies or innovations can be presented, reviewed and potentially adopted to improve efficiency and quality
- Be accountable for changes and transparent with project plans.
- Considerable Infrastructure & Data Communications Technology experience, particularly in senior technical infrastructure roles, with proven commercial acumen.
- Network design and support/management including experience with routing, switching and VLAN / VPN configuration.
- Managing Windows Server based Infrastructure.
- Designing and managing Office365 implementation (including Exchange Online).
- Management and Administration of Storage technologies (Nimble).
- Designing and managing Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of a broad range of current Enterprise technology solutions, with a strong focus and specialism within Infrastructure.
- Proven leadership skills, with an ability to focus the infrastructure team on providing swift and high quality support and delivery services.
- ITILv2 or above practitioner.
- Implementing and managing virtual environments (VMWare).
- Cloud-based implementation and administration (Azure & AWS)
- A strong understanding of Infrastructure Security best practice, with exposure to the ISO27001 standard.
- Professional services background.
My client is reviewing C.Vs this week, to be considered or to find out more information please get in touch either by email or to my direct line below.
George Aldridge –