Do you have previous experience with network technologies: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP?
Do you have Desktop Support experience?
Would like to work on AWS and Azure projects?
Do you like problem solving and making a difference?
How would you like to work for a prestigious, global organisation; an outstanding company that provides seamless and intelligent Risk and Compliance technology to many of the Top 50' financial institutions in the world?
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer help us support the infrastructure in our state of the art Development Centre in Birmingham. Although this is a standalone role you will be working as part of a wider Infrastructure team (based in London). You should be very structured in the way you work, able to manage your own priorities, have experience of working with third party suppliers and work well with customers.
We would like you to establish yourself as the 'go-to' person for all things technical in the office and support a growing (75+) team of exceptional IT professionals.
You are going to need to wear many hats with this role, no two days will be the same, you won't get bored that's for certain, there are many new exciting projects due to be implemented across the Birmingham office this year and you will be pivotal to these projects, you will be kept busy! Time to get stuck in and be part of a growing office and organisation.
You will get amazing support from everyone in the teams including the Senior Managers, we want you to succeed.
The role will include:-
- Managing the technical infrastructure within the Birmingham office.
- Providing technical and desktop support.
- To work closely with the Head of Infrastructure to ensure that the office is part of the global infrastructure.
- Supporting our rapidly increasing AWS and Azure services.
- To help develop DevOps principles and practices
- Provide additional support the wider offices in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC
DNS | DHCP | TCP/IP | SQL | Citrix | VMWare | Office 365 | Redhat | Ubuntu | Windows Server | Axtive Directory | Windows 10 | infrastructureEssential Requirements:
- 2-3 Years of 1st line support experience
- Good understanding of PC and Laptop fault diagnostics
- Windows Server 2008 & 2012
- Active directory
- Windows 7 - 10
- Experience and understanding network technologies: DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and autonomously
- Problem solving
- Good communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure would be great.
- Microsoft SQL 2008 - 2014
- Office 365
- Good understanding of switches, routers and firewalls - Cisco
- Redhat / Ubuntu
- 3nd Line Support (nice to have)
We are a Vermeg company.
For over 28 years we have been providing regulatory reporting and collateral management solutions to the financial services industry. Counting over 30 of the world's top 50 financial institutions among our clients.
We are headquartered in London with a new state of the art development centre in Birmingham with offices in Europe (Frankfurt), New York and Asia Pacific (Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore), and representative offices in Cape Town, Sydney and Tokyo.
The office environment is relaxed, but always buzzing and busy, no ties or fancy suits required so bring your own style. We have breakout areas with free tea and coffee, get to work early and enjoy a free breakfast on us each day. We have a lovely modern open-plan space designed to support a creative working environment.