Established national retail business is looking to recruit an IT Infrastructure Engineer.
As part of a large IT team you will undertake 3rd line support and be the escalation point of contact for all server, storage and security service issues that cannot be resolved by 2nd line helpdesk team. In addition your role will entail:
- Troubleshooting issues in a timely, efficient and accurate manner keeping the end user notified of current progress
- Ensuring all daily, weekly & monthly checklists and pre-planned maintenance is undertaken
- Maintaining group server and storage backups and disaster recovery processes
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of staff
- Involvement in key projects and acquisition tasks which can happen very quickly within the business
With a passion and drive for technology, you will be experienced in implementing, managing and supporting Microsoft Windows Server technologies from 2008R2 - 2016 including AD, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy. In addition you will possess a working knowledge of enterprise endpoint security, email and web filtering platforms as well as server hardware, RAID technologies, particularly Dell. You will also thrive in enthusing and educating other members
Desirable experience includes:
- Managing and supporting a VMWare environment and Microsoft Exchange Server
- Implementing, supporting and maintaining a whole disk encryption and SIEM platform.
- Microsoft SQL administration
- Supporting backup and replication technologies such as Veeam
- Implementing, supporting and maintaining Microsoft Cloud platforms such as Azure and Office 365
- Supporting and maintaining SAN Hardware, experience of Nimble and Dell SANs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job