Bringing straight-talking IT support to a wide range of businesses, as their outsourced IT department our client offers consistently excellent support, allowing their clients to concentrate on running their business.
Their workplace like no other, encouraging excellence, supporting professional development, imparting knowledge and above all, having some fun along the way. They have been awarded Evolve Exemplar Employer Status, an organisation that demonstrates best practice in the commitment and implementation of equitable and flexible working practices, and who fosters an environment which results in a positive impact on employees and the business as a whole.
We are immediately seeking a high calibre Infrastructure Engineer who demonstrates technical and managerial capability, can work confidently under pressure within a busy working environment and acts as a role model to others. Keeping abreast of the latest technologies and trends is an important element of the role consistent with their importance and purpose within the business.
Role and Responsibilities
The role requires daily management of reactive and proactive escalated support calls (third-line support), which includes call logging and troubleshooting issues within time constraints and where possible resolving support queries or diagnosing issues. The Infrastructure Engineer is required to provide support for support engineers and is the main point of escalation for issues from the Service Desk where they have not been able to resolve matters
Taking a lead role in the design, planning and deployment of client projects including infrastructure and server overhauls as well as travel to and from customer sites will also be expected as part of this role.
This is a unique opportunity to get hands on with a wide range of technologies. The role provides a fast-paced, challenging environment in a growing and reputable managed services company in which an engineer can utilise the full breadth of his or her skills while developing further from the exposure they will get from the many different customer infrastructures they will be supporting.
- To provide high quality technical support across the company client base, answering support queries via telephone and e-mail in a professional and efficient manner, as required by the operational needs of the business
- To act as a technical escalations point for all members of the helpdesk staff
- To install, configure, support and maintain hardware/software to client workstations/servers where required, and maintain managed service monitoring tools and utilities
- To carry out the installation and maintenance of all current lifecycle Windows and Apple servers
- To take ownership of technical issues and be pro-active when dealing with day-to-day technical requests
- To assist the Managing Director and colleagues in the team with IT development projects and day to day operational tasks
You will have demonstrable experience of working in an infrastructure support role and exposure of SLA Management. This is a fast paced environment so you will be proactive, dynamic and enthusiastic project delivery and service management.
In depth experience of supporting of the following:
- Microsoft Office & Office 365
- AV Products
- WAN, LAN and WLAN
- Hardware VPN
- Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7 and up)
- Windows Server Operating Systems (Server 2008 and up)
- Backup technologies
- Firewall technologies
- Terminal Services / RDS / RemoteApp
- Virtualisation technologies (VMWare / Hyper-V)
- Active Directory - replication, FSMO, management, troubleshooting
- Understanding of storage (SAN)
- ADFS knowledge and experience
- An understanding of Apple OSX and device support
- Working experience of Autotask PSA
If you are looking to join a high growth and dynamic managed services company providing state of the art technical support, please apply immediately with your CV and a brief covering letter.