IT Infrastructure Engineer - Birmingham - £40,000
IT Infrastructure Engineer to join a large Infrastructure Team based in Birmingham for a leading law firm. You shall be supporting infrastructure including Windows server, storage (SAN), network and onsite applications. Project work is included to improve and enhance key systems and processes and improve the overall IT infrastructure.
Technical skills required:
- 3rd line Infrastructure support experience with VMware ESXi (5.x, 6.x) and Windows Server 2016, 2012 and 2008
- Good experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, Certificate Services and Exchange Server (2016 or 2010)
- Experience of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services & Microsoft Clustering technologies
- Strong Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop experience and Backup technologies such as Symantec, and Rubrik
It would also be beneficial to have knowledge of:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2016
- Microsoft SCCM
- Citrix XenMobile
- SAN Technologies
Your key duties will include:
- The implementing new IT technologies, both hardware and software into the firm's IT Infrastructure
- Working on the IT Infrastructure 3rd line teams as required
- Administering and maintaining the existing infrastructure including Microsoft Systems (Active Directory, Exchange Server 2016, SQL Server), Citrix and VMware
- Recommending new IT technology as well as planning and implementing new processes and systems into the wider business
- Running multiple IT projects at one time and liaising with all areas of the business
As an experienced IT Infrastructure Project Engineer, you will have an excellent background working within a busy IT Team and have a solid background in troubleshooting and problem solving complex issues across a broad range of applications and systems.
The company is a leading law firm based in central Birmingham. It has a large user base of over 500 people, across multiple sites in the UK.
My client is looking to pay a starting salary of between £35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits. To apply send your CV to or press apply now.
Keywords: IT Infrastructure Project Engineer / Windows Server / Exchange Server / Active Directory / Citrix / VMware - Birmingham - £40,000
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.
- IT Infrastructure Support - Citrix - VMware - Windows Server