Haymarket has a strong heritage in print, world-class web and mobile products, an exciting future in international markets with technology expertise at the core of Haymarket’s vision.
Haymarket’s strategy is simple - attract highly engaged, specialist audiences, leading to efficient and effective marketing and sales opportunities. Technology forms a key part of that process, creating commercial success with optimal internal business processes, engaging user-facing digital products and high-value client propositions.
And Technology is transforming at Haymarket - having supported multiple brands over many years, a programme of change to simplify and extend the platforms that underpin the various brands has started, with everyone in technology contributing to that change.
This role offers a fantastic and rare opportunity to be part of the transformational technology change as part of a wider strategic initiative.
Haymarket’s Technology department encompassing all aspects of technology - strategy, delivery and support across digital & product management, marketing, analytics, and infrastructure.
The IT Hub Supervisor will be part of a fast dynamic Operations department at the forefront of the Haymarket Media Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for the resolution of incidents & requests across the UK sites ensuring a high quality of service and support, for both a Windows and Mac user base of approximately 1,000 staff.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Incident and request resolution to agreed service levels at Haymarket’s six UK sites and for colleagues working remotely
• 1st line technical support
• Providing a service that supports and is in-line with Haymarket’s business needs
• Providing tech support to our colleagues at our IT Hub and remotely
• Effectively prioritising work in a busy environment
• Following Operations ITIL based processes including Incident, Problem and Change
• Escalation to colleagues in Technology for 2nd & 3rd line support
• Escalation to service partners -- 3rd party suppliers -- to ensure speedy incident resolution
• Add and update technical support documents on the IT Hub Portal
• Assist with IT asset maintenance and stock control management
• Provide cover for IT procurement requests
• Managing the day to day running of the IT Hub
• Supervising the IT Hub team across two main locations
• Weekly teams meetings to review incidents and act as escalation point
• Developing and improving career development, goal setting and guidance supported by appraisal and regular performance reviews
• Ensuring excellent and professional communication
• Punctual, positive, organised and self-motivated.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Taking pressure in your stride and producing excellent results.
• Taking a calm, focused, considered and analytical approach to problems
• Be the human face of Haymarket’s Technology function friendly and solutions focused
Technical & Professional Skills
• Use of configuration management tools for imaging computers and push installation of new application packages
• Strong technical background with an excellent knowledge of technology including; Windows 7 and above, Mac OS 10.10.5 and above, Microsoft Office 2007/2010, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Apps Suite as well as iOS mobile devices.
• Demonstrable experience of Internet browser configuration including; Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
• Knowledge of Follow Me print technologies.
• Use of service management tools for managing incidents and requests -- experience of Zendesk would be an advantage.
• Experience of providing support using remote control applications.
• Understanding the concepts of wireless and wired networking
• Supporting IP phone systems including soft phones
• Experience and understanding of Adobe desktop publishing applications.
• ITIL service management foundation, or better, and appropriate practical experience.
• Experience working in a support environment.
• Experience managing staff
• Degree/Post-graduate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Able to judge when things need to be escalated
• A self-starter with the ability to self-manage workload, targets and priorities
• A high degree of personal initiative with the drive, resilience and ability to meet challenging goals
• Able to multi-task across several concurrent projects and activities
• Able to break down complex work into manageable chunks - able to manage a diverse workload
• Ability to thrive in an environment that is characterised by significant diversity and constant change
Business Impact/Strategic Perspective
• Works to understand key business drivers and specific benefits.
• Maintains an aware Relationship Management (internal, External, 3rd parties)
• Demonstrates teamwork at the highest level with a highly collaborative and supportive approach
• A solutions focused approach
• Good interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels - leadership, peers, colleagues and suppliers
• Outside the organisation, maintain relationships with technical experts and peers across other industries
• Comfortable working with off-site and with remote teams
• Analytical thinker with good problem-solving skills; focussed on "getting things done"
• Awareness of industry developments
• Able to articulate technical requirements in a business context
- Customer Service
- Team Leader
- Technical Support
- 1st Line
- Customer Service Representatives