IT Helpdesk Support
Salary: £22,000 - £30,000 per annum
Our client is an IT, network & solutions provider with a focus on the Hospitality industry that has had rapid growth over the past seven years establishing itself as an experienced solutions provider for the Hospitality and retail industry in the UK.
Our client is working with established Brands, business owners, management companies and operators to which it deploys some or all of its solutions.
IT & infrastructure, CCTV systems, Guest Wi-Fi, Structured Cabling, Project management, illuminated door number, Hotel phone and door lock systems are the core solutions that my client provides.
- Receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively solving request from our clients in a timely manner while manning our support help desk.
- Remotely overseeing and reviewing our clients’ IT infrastructure (including but not limited to servers, switches, storage devices, security & software applications, hosting, remote offices, WiFi solutions hardware and software, backups, 1st line CCTV and 1st line phone systems)
Technical skills required:
- Previous experience in IT support required
- Ability to produce clear, concise and accurate documentation and job notes
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, to advanced level
- Office 2010 / 2013 / 2016 to advanced level
- Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 administration, build and maintenance
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Active Directory, exchange mailbox
- Cloud technologies i.e. Office 365, DNS, group policies, domain controllers
- Good knowledge of Routers, Firewalls, Switches, VPN devices and wireless and other Networking technologies
- Good understanding of AV technologies and experience of their administration
- Strong understanding of backups and restoration methods
- Strong understanding of NTFS and share permissions on previous & current Windows
- Server environments
- The ability to articulate at a technical level appropriate to the circumstances e.g. for clients with varying levels of IT knowledge & competence
- Experience within the hospitality or retail sector
- Creative thinking around process analysis and improvement
- Skills and patience to deal with difficult or demanding clients
- Knowledge of Apple computer systems and software
- Exchange 2003 / 2007 / 2010 installation and administration experience
- Network design, build and troubleshooting, including switching and routing
- Wi-Fi networks setup knowledge
- An understanding of the Hospitality industry
- Full UK driving licence
Office hours are Mon – Fri from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
If you have experience within a similar role then please apply.