A fantastic opportunity has arisen for the requirement of an IT Helpdesk Support Engineer to join a leading accountancy firm based in Eastleigh. You will be expected to provide extremely high levels of IT helpdesk support and services to a variety of on-site end users.
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills with the ability/passion to research and resolve technical issues which enter the Support Desk. They will be a high self-motivated and directed individual with a keen attention to detail and creative problem-solving abilities. A fundamental part of this role is to possess a strong customer service orientation and the ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment along with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- First point of contact for all incidents/requests via email, phone calls and face-to-face
- Escalating issues when appropriate
- Provide efficient and professional customer support at all times
- Perform and maintain daily system checks
- Updating IT records, documentation and asset logs
- Installation/Maintenance/Configuration of a variety of Infrastructure, Networking and Telephony Equipment
- The availability for occasional out of hours work
- End user education and training
- New user IT induction
- Previous experience in an IT Support role would be advantageous
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, installation and maintenance
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office systems particularly Word and Excel
- Bright enthusiastic and reliable
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
- Ability to schedule own workload prioritising to meet the business' needs
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you and you think you are what we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you. Please forward your CV to us asap.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Operating Systems