Do you love everything computers? Are you an interested in IT and keen to start your IT career with a Global IT company? Do you have an IT qualification, a passion for troubleshooting IT issues or experience fixing computers in your spare time? If yes, we want to speak with you!
We are recruiting a brand new team of IT Helpdesk Advisor to join a very established business in the Bridgend area. Due to growth, our client are seeking to employ up to 30 new IT Helpdesk Advisor roles, which will see you working on a government contract, supplying helpdesk support services and troubleshooting user issues.
Job Title: IT Helpdesk Advisor
Location: Bridgend, CF31 (Free parking)
Salary: Starting on £15,800 rising to £18,400 pa
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week - shifts between 7am and 8pm Monday to Friday with occasional overtime on a Saturday, paid at time and a half
Start Date: March 2018
In addition to the above salary package, as an IT Helpdesk Advisor you will also be eligible for the following great benefits package:
- Free parking on site
- Large, open plan, modern offices on the outskirts of Bridgend, not far from Junction 25 of the M4
- Share Purchase Plan where the employer will match up to 3% monthly
- Pension Retirement Plan
- Private Medical Scheme
- Member Discount Scheme with over 3000 retailers - the largest member discount scheme in the UK! The scheme is packed full of vouchers, cash-back options and offers that will save members money on days out, home purchases, restaurants and more from a range of top brand names
- Buy and Sell Annual Leave Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Member Assistance Program offering members and their families' consultation, psychological counselling and support services to help them through their personal or professional challenges. All services are free and strictly confidential.
- Sports & Social Club
- Fantastic career prospects in the UK and even Worldwide in a variety of sectors.
Above all, we are looking for people with a passion for IT, so you don't need prior formal experience for your application to be successful. This is a great entry level IT role and will suit anyone with an analytical mind, looking for their first step.
- A sound knowledge of IT including knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications
- Problem solving
- Trouble shooting
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Able to work under your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Punctual and reliable, with a flexible attitude
- Previous experience working as a Helpdesk Advisor on a Service Desk
- An understanding of working to service level agreements
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- ITIL awareness
Please note: If you are successful, you will be required to undertake stringent criminal background checks and be able to provide reference information (employment, education and personal references) to cover the last 3 years.