IT Hardware Engineer
An environmental services company, based in Cleator Moor, Cumbria, are seeking an IT Hardware Engineer and are offering a competitive salary to the right candidate.
To help develop the quality and range of their services, which means keeping abreast of how new and different sensors can be utilised, particularly in light aircraft.
The surveys generate very large data sets requiring significant storage and data streaming capacity.
Working closely with their partner organisation based in northern Germany, both companies are engaged in a variety of projects.
You will possess the following essential skills:
• Have a good understanding of building bespoke computer hardware systems;
• Have at least a basic knowledge of processing data from digital (optical) sensors;
• Have a sound knowledge of managing IT systems, particularly systems required to handle large amounts of data;
• Have good communication skills (verbal and written);
• Pro-active and able to work alone and as part of a team;
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to find creative solutions;
• Proven mathematical understanding;
• Be a quick learner and highly motivated;
• Able to travel in the UK and Europe, and potentially further afield; and
• Current driving licence.
Desirable qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
• External sensors and/or camera system;
• Electrical and electronics background;
• Engineering processes for configuration management, design and maintenance; and
• A working knowledge of LiDAR, GPS and other technologies
An environmental services company providing innovative solutions for a wide variety of clients, based mainly around their highly successful digital aerial survey method for detecting birds and marine mammals at sea.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter before 10 August 2018 to Elaine Southward, Operations Director, HiDef Aerial Surveying Limited, Earl Street, Cleator Moor, Cumbria CA25 5AU telephone: or email to the email address on this job board.
- External sensors and/or camera system;
- Electrical and electronics background;
- Engineering processes for configuration management, design and maintenance;
- A working knowledge of LiDAR, GPS and other technologies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"