Africa Express Line Ltd (AEL) is a British Registered Shipping Company created in January 2002. AEL is located in Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent.
From this location AEL operates a fleet of 9 very modern specialist reefer vessels on a number of dedicated weekly Liner Services to and from Europe / Mediterranean and West Africa.
While our small group of AEL professional employees specializes in the handling and transport of perishable fresh fruit cargoes, they are also able to cater for time sensitive cargoes, either on deck, under deck or in a container.Job description
At the core of your functional area, you ensure the coherent evolution of the information systems in compliance with the objectives of the company as well as with internal and external constraints. You ensure methodological, functional and even technical support to the various teams involved in the IT projects.
- Within the IT team, you structure and define specific solutions and participate in the implementation of information systems.
- Together with the internal client, you define the business requirements and make a gap analysis.
- You assist the internal client by organizing workshops, and you support them in adapting the internal organization to new requirements and standards.
- Moreover, you translate the requirements into detailed functional designs to fulfill the internal client needs.
- You also participate in transitioning the requirements to the developers and even participate to the development, ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements and test them.
- Finally, you coordinate and supervise activities.
Your experience and skills:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- Previous experience of 2 to 5 years in a similar position.
- IT Project management (including basic development knowledge).
- Proficient use of the full MS Office suite of products - Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Familiar with BI tools (QlikSense / QlikView).
- Experience in the logistics will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and structure problem solving.
- Customer oriented (internal customers).
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time.
- Good communication skills.
- Salary: £30k - £40k depending on experience.
- Holiday: 20 days (rising to 25 after 5 years).
- Private Health.
- Assisted Gym membership.
- Life insurance.
- Group personal Pension.
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job