The IT Finance Business Partner will be part of the commercial finance team and provide cost control, analysis and decision support to the senior leadership team, in order to maximise business performance and focus on minimising cost growth. This is a commercial role working in parallel with 3rd party suppliers to build financial and commercial models to evaluate new proposals. The role will also manage the planning and forecasting for resource costs, including capitalisation and ensure adherence to the company's investment policy.
- Key point of contact to support the business in building business case which have technology cost
- To build a clear understanding of IT cost base and the drivers for change
- Identify and support initiatives which improve financial performance
- Deliver monthly BU and Channel cost analysis and reporting
- Assist in the quarterly planning and forecasting process and influence the delivery of realistic targets
- Analysis of development spend to assess value for money and challenge existing suppliers
- Produce sensitivity analysis to explore scenarios and understand impact of movement in key variables
- Provide technical advice to commercial teams on accounting treatment on new technologies and services - drive clarity in the group accounting manual for accounting treatment of technology
- Meet agreed performance objectives and ways of working; identify and progress areas for personal development
- Strong integrity, inquisitive mind and drive insight, efficiency & control
The role will suit a qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) with experience of supporting large scale business wide technology projects. Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to influence at a senior level. Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with operational and financial managers. Strong commercial acumen with experience of dealing with contracts and tender bids. Ability to identify areas for process improvement. Good understanding of reporting tools (Excel, Business Objects etc). An expert in building financial models in Excel and a good understanding of data and supporting systems (SAP, BI, EDW).
- Decision Support
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Planning