About the Job
Main Purpose of Job
An IT Professional with ideally a minimum of 3 years’ experience to deliver both onsite and remoteinstallation and support services to our SME customer base
- The successful applicant will be required to work in the field as a Technician installing a wide range of new IT equipment & services.
- You will also be expected to complete installation tasks, diagnose faults, resolve issues in a professional and timely manner, nurturing positive relationships with the customer base and staff.
- You will be required to work at customer sites and also offer remote installation and support from Offices located in Cirencester by telephone & using web-based installation support tools.
- Required to work as part of a team and as a lone worker in the field.
- You will be required to project manage the delivery of new systems meeting time scales and deadlines.
- Research any software or hardware issues and to be able to diagnose/resolve the fault or ensure that problems requiring action from other departments are reported promptly and documented.
- Provide a high level of support to end users, implementing a fix or informing the customer of the solution to a query.
- To maintain effective communication with colleagues and other individuals /departments within the Organisation, acting as a key liaison, highlighting potential problems
- Take responsibility for own workload, ensuring that tasks set by Management are carried out.
- Using an IT Service Management system to allocate installation tasks and monitor support tasks.
Knowledge & Skills
Experience of providing IT installation & support and the troubleshooting of hardware and software issues is preferred:
You should have excellent communication, written, interpersonal and can prioritise and work to deadlines.
A working knowledge of the following systems would be beneficial:
- PC Workstations including HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, Apple, Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Apple IOS
- Server hardware and software including HPE ProLiant ML, DL, Microsoft Server 2003, 2008, 2012 R2, 2016
- Office Applications including Microsoft Office 2007 - 2016 (Win & Mac)
- Cloud Services including the Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Online and other vendors such as AWS, Dropbox & Google.
- Security & AV software, preferably F-Secure PSB, Sophos Central Sophos Endpoint and Pure Message.
- Virtual technologies including VMware Workstation, Fusion, vSphere & ESXi.
- Backup Systems including Veeam Backup & Recovery.
- Router, Firewall, Switches & WiFi devices, preferably Draytek, Zyxel and Ubiquiti Unifi
- Network protocols & principles, IPv4, IPv6, LAN’s, WAN’s vLAN’s & WiFi security methods.
- An understanding of Cabling standards Cat 5e, Cat 6, Fibre Optic including transceivers and convertors.
- An understanding of Broadband technologies including ADSL, FTTC, EFM, Leased Lines.
- A knowledge of VoIP & SIP services would also be beneficial but not essential.
Judgement & Decision
To recommend the most suitable resolution regarding technical advice for both software and hardware, for customers and escalate problems as and when needed.
Internal contact is a key feature of the job involving the post holder in liaison and consultation with other team members, staff and managers across the Company.
Externally, the post holder will have constant contact with maintained customers and regular contact with non-maintained customers.
Responsible for dealing with confidential and sensitive information with tact and discretion maintaining confidentiality for any client data.
At a wide range of customer sites located primarily in a close radius of Cirencester, but in some cases on occasion you may be expected to travel further afield.
The post holder will work an 8-hour day time pattern which operates between the hours of 08:15 and 17:00 Monday to Friday, with a 45 minute lunch break.
Qualifications and Skills
A good understanding of the English language, both spoken and written. The post holder must be articulate and have excellent interpersonal communication skills. Formal recognised Computer and ICT qualifications preferred but not essential.
- 20 Days annual leave to start, (excluding Bank & Public Holidays), increasing to 25 days annual leave over 5 years
- Regular internal technical conferences and training available
- Pension scheme
- Company vehicle, Company Credit Card, Notebook Computer and Mobile Telephone will be provided.
- Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 per annum.
- Overtime paid during any out of normal hours work:
- 1.25 x evenings/mornings
- 1.5 x on Saturdays
- 2.0 x on Sundays.
- 6 Month Probation Period, with regular performance reviews
- A full driving license is required.
- Please note that references and a CRB check will be required upon request.