We are currently recruiting for a Field Services Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for all day-to-day IT Field delivery activities across the estate in your area, ensuring that all activities are scheduled, planned, resourced and conducted appropriately. This role will be based in Boscombe Down, Wiltshire.
You will be leading a team of ten staff, as well as handling contractors for work outside of your team’s remit / capabilities. This role will involve 50% co-coordinating and managing as well as 50% hands on work.
- Line Management of IT Communications and Desktop support team.
- On boarding new tenants to site to ensure adherence to IT guidelines to maintain site List X accreditation.
- Focal/escalation point for all IT related issues.
- Champion Good Practice processes across Field Services team
- Provide hands on engineering & project support when and where required.
- Ensure own performance positively impacts the performance of the Field Services team.
- Ensure capability of the team is sufficient to fulfil operational requirements.
- Further develop teams capabilities, encourage, coach and mentor team.
- Health & Safety of self and team.
- Effective working relationships with operational teams and internal customers
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures and work instructions
- Proven track record with extensive experience in hands on IT support
- Able to work under pressure.
- Concern for excellence and service improvement.
- Commitment to set, achieve and maintain a high quality service.
- Problem ownership.
- To be relied upon to take a task through from conception to completion.
- Shows the commitment and ability to identify and understand the current and future needs of the customer, and be willing to go that 'extra step’ to ensure the individual customer’s needs are met.
- Must have the ability to work and communicate well as part of a team and to be able to work on own initiative.
- Adapts to changing demands and conditions.
- Willing to keep up-to-date and build upon skill and knowledge base.
- Takes responsibility for own development and actively pursues learning and development opportunities.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Customer focus and vision
- Drive and determination
- Planning and organising
- Coaching & mentoring of team members
- Good problem and analytical skills
- Flexible approach to working
- Managing People
- Health and Safety
- Strong customer & delivery focus, meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Exhibits authority and leadership, takes responsibility, is independent and self-starting
- Demonstrates teamwork at the highest level with a highly collaborative approach
- Highly customer & delivery focused, meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- ITIL V3 Foundation certificate
- Certified Network Infrastructure Technician (CNIT)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional or equivalent experience. (MCITP)
- CompTIA Cloud +
- CompTIA Mobility +
- CompTIA Security +
IT Infrastructure knowledge / Experience including:
- Service Management Ticketing - Resolve
- Experience of handling service complaints
- Structured Cabling.
- Telecoms cabling
- Network Equipment Rooms
- Fibre Optics
- Working with different network classifications
- CCTV systems
- Surveying - pricing and costing IT installations internally and externally
- Managing office moves and Business as Usual (BAU) Projects.
- Network Infrastructure