Our client is a successful, friendly IT company specialising in providing managed ICT services within the education sector. They have over 3,000 schools in their growing customer base and are looking for a Field Installation Engineer to join their installation team.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
- Installation of VoIP, CCTV and Wi-Fi systems within a school environment
- Installation of new and extending existing data cabling infrastructures
- Installation of Audio Visual equipment with a school, HE and FE environment
- Conducting site surveys, providing detailed written reports of your findings
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads
- Personable and 'can do’ attitude
- Ability to work upon own initiative
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Creative and strong problem-solving skills
- Show a good attention to detail
- Be driven, motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Customer focussed
- Full UK driving licence
You will need to be able to demonstrate working experience along with in-depth knowledge of at least 3 of the following technologies:
- Networking technology including firewalls, switching and routing
- Cisco VOIP systems
- Managed Wi-Fi systems preferably Cisco and/or Meraki
- IP CCTV systems
- Cat5e / Cat6a / Fibre Cabling techniques including Installation, Termination & Testing
- AV equipment such as IWB’s, projectors and touchscreen TV’s
- Installation Team, reporting directly to Head of Support
- This is a field-based position, but the successful candidate will be required to work in our Orpington office assisting preparing survey reports for the sales team, as well working Service Desk team and onsite School Technicians.
- Excellent base salary based upon experience - Starting salary is between £25,000 & £28,000.
- 45p per mile business expenses
- Overtime pay
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (previously CRB check) is required for this role as you will be involved with schools.
Renato Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency for this full time, permanent role.