Enterprise Network Architect
Gatwick Airport - where something new happens every 60 seconds
Gatwick Airport wants to set the standard for airport service, and for Gatwick to be known for the warm welcome, ease of use, on-time performance and exemplary service. By 2018, over 50 million passengers should be experiencing that service every year.
Within our multi award winning IT department our people are passionate about Gatwick too. We value every person that works with us and reward them and their commitment to us by providing great opportunities for development, excellent rewards and opportunities to make a real difference in the lives of our customers. We love what we do! We would love you to join us.
The Network Architect will be responsible for ensuring the proposed solutions and designs are aligned to business requirements and technology strategy. The role will include strong stakeholder engagement, to determine and shape the requirements and objectives into cohesive solutions that can be understood at all levels. The Network Architect will be expected to provide thought leadership to identify pragmatic and innovative solutions that are balanced against; project timeframes, available budgets, and future capability. The day to day tasks of the Network architect will support the IT Project Delivery and IT Operations functions with a quick turnaround on expected deliverables.
- Develop an integrated IT technology roadmap and standards based on industry best practices, which enables IT to deliver secure, flexible but cost effective technology services to users and commercial customers.
- Actively publish and communicate the standards and roadmaps to align all key stakeholders
- Have design authority over all technology based projects - in-house or 3rd party
- Develop and implement a governance structure and process over technology design and delivery.
- Promote and justify future technologies which will enhance business capability, user experience or cost base
- Influence both internal and 3rd party project managers to adopt best practices when delivering technology projects.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on industry trends, standards and opportunities and use this to promote continuous improvements in the services provided
- Support the IT Delivery function providing subject matter expertise and producing related design artefacts
- Support the IT Operations function in triage, troubleshooting and network optimisation
- Work in close collaboration with 3rd Party vendors and suppliers to determine the most viable solution options and cost implications.
- Experience in establishing and assessing Enterprise network needs including device connectivity, environments, capacity planning, related infrastructure and network configuration
- A rounded skill set with Networking technologies that include:
- Network Security technologies (Palo Alto and FortiGate Firewalls)
- Enterprise Wireless (Aruba and Cisco)
- Voice/UC/Mobile/SIP (Cisco Voice Over IP and Gateway)
- Data Centre (HPE 12900 series product line)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to influence at all levels
- Proven stakeholder management skills, with the ability to shape and translate business needs into comprehensive solutions
- Ability to produce high and low level design documentation
- Proven track record of mentoring team members
- Ability to lead related initiatives from conception to implementation
- Structured approach to formal architecture methodologies
- Demonstrates creativity in identifying opportunities and finding solutions
- IT related Degree
- Strong experience of Network related projects and design
- Strong experience in a significant Network architecture role
- Network related certifications:
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Gatwick Airport
- IT Enterprise Network Architect