IT Enterprise Architect (NHS)
Play a leading senior technical role in the provision of effective, efficient and fully integrated IT Infrastructure services that maximise their availability and integrity for end-users and optimise the value gained by the Trust from its investment in IT. This will be achieved by:
Designing multiple architectural models with varying complexities ensuring business strategy and processes are considered in translation to IT solutions;
Ability to operate across organisation and computer technology 'silos’ to drive common approaches across the Trust enterprise architecture
Temporary: Expected to last 3 months with possible extension
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £30per hour (Umbrella) or £26per hour (PAYE)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in computing or related field.
- Technical accreditation in at least two or more of the following; Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Virtualisation Expert (CVE) or Citrix Certified Architect (CCA).
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certificate
- Advanced theoretical and enterprise knowledge across three or more information technology platforms: Server
- Virtualisation, Desktop Virtualisation, Data & Voice Networking, Messaging, Storage Area Networks, Security, Mobility, Server & Peripheral Hardware.
- Significant experience of IT Service Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Performance Management & Availability Management.
- Significant experience in leading highly complex technical problems to resolution, including team management and managing external suppliers.
- Significant experience in project delivery of technical projects.
- Experience in assisting with report writing, being operating procedures, options appraisals, risk analysis, user guides.
- Excellent skills in C++ / Perl / Visual basic / Unix Scripting skills
- Provide guidance, coaching and collaborative working with Technical Architects to provide consensus based enterprise solutions that are scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever changing business needs.
- Leading role in regular discussions regarding internal process and system improvements in order to ensure maximum efficiency across the organisation and enterprise architecture. Including suggesting varying complexities of technical solutions to on going and potential problems.
- Alignment of IT strategy and planning with Trusts business goals by leading planning sessions with Trust business decision makers.
- Lead on multi vendor architecture strategies and major incident resolution situations. Acting as subject matter expert of multiple enterprise technologies ensuring the Trust benefits from It solutions.
- Form part of the IT departments Design Authority and contribute to the long-term strategy for the Trusts IT core architecture.
- Promotion of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and maximise the benefits from server and storage virtualised technologies. Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies.
- Act as a champion of knowledge and skills in specific areas of technologies, sharing these skills and knowledge with colleagues within the department. Develop staff so they have the ability to better understand how the IT components interact with each other.
System Design & Hosting
- Working alone or leading a project team on highly complex IT systems and modifications to existing IT systems, or with partners, vendors or colleagues on complex enterprise systems.
- Specifies user/system technical requirements, including the overall management of the system implementation and transition into both the Operational Service and Centre.
- Designs and completes detailed analysis of systems/infrastructure which meets security standards and are resilient in the event of disaster.
- Designs and executes test plans, to verify correct operation of completed system implementations.
- Documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including internal tools where appropriate.
Software and Hardware Installation
- Initiates the software builds ready for loading onto the target hardware. Held within a configuration management standard arrangement, conducts a series of tests and records the details of any failures.
- Produces test specifications as required for testers to follow, carries out fault diagnosis relating to extreme complex problems as part of installations, reporting the results of the diagnosis in a clear and concise manner.
- Installs or removes hardware and/or software, using installation instructions and tools, follows agreed standards.
- Contribute high-level specialist expertise to the development and innovation of IT technical strategies and wider IT strategies as appropriate.
- Manage the successful implementation of new or modified architecture elements within approved IT development projects to meet project timescale and budgetary targets.
- Keep abreast of IT developments and technologies in order to effectively carry out the duties of the post and make recommendations for bringing benefits to our customers and improving service delivery.
- Change Management
- Performance Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'