We are looking to recruit an IT Engineer for our client to support its operations in Cental London.
Its an infrastructure and support role and you will be responsible for supporting end users, servers and systems and the role will be a mixture of 1st to 3rd line support as well as some networking.
You will be expected to rapidly learn the broadcast systems so experience in the media sector will be beneficial but is not essential.
This is a varied role and will be suited to a candidate with a broad range of experience and a willingness to learn about broadcast systems and servers.
It's shift work and will involve lates and weekends on a rota basis.
Over a two week shift pattern, you will do a week of lates 2pm to 1030 - 11pm, a weekend 1030am-1030pm Sat Sun and Thur - Fri 9-5 (80 hours) over two weeks.
Key areas of expertise that are required are:
- User and desktop support and administration including image deployment.
- Windows Server build, configuration, administration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of networking and ability to trouble shoot basic network problems (Cisco), firewalls and IP telephony.
- Supporting business continuity, images, backups and recovery.
- Degree in IT or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Responsible and able to work under pressure alone and as part of a team.
- Call handling and change management
- Flexible and proactive attitude.
In addition it would be of benefit if you have any of the following skills/qualifications below which will be advantageous but are not essential.
- Microsoft certifications such as MCITP, MCSA, MCSE.
- Experience in the broadcast or media sectors.
- Network Infrastructure
- Visual Basic
- 2nd Line
- 3rd Line Support
- 1st Line
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job