Job Title: IT Director
Location: South Birmingham
Salary: Circa £95,000 to £100,000
Benefits: Car or Car Allowance + Bonus (25-30%) + Benefits
This is an extremely exciting time to be in a retail style business, an industry which is embracing technology to maximise commercial advantage. With an increasing amount of revenue is being generated through Omni-channel customer engagement strategies, the approach within IT must be right.
The company is a highly profitable subsidiary of an established FTSE 250 Group and currently have a turnover of £0.5B and plan to double this in the next five years with an aggressive growth strategy and associated investment in IT.
We are keen to engage with someone with the gravitas and vision to stand strong and engage with Board level executives who will be fully relying on you to drive the business forward through a highly focused IT function and innovative IT strategy.
You will be able to fully utilise your background in corporate Ecommerce solutions to provide strategic direction to this function.
You will be working with the Board (CEO and Group CTO) and report directly to the Finance Director.
This opportunity will require a technically excellent IT Director with the ability to span IT and business and fully understand the commercial implications of IT strategy while staying with or ahead of the competition utilising cutting edge technology such as AI.
The next two years will not only encompass significant growth and investment in IT to provide fully scalable and highly innovative IT solutions but will also include the upgrade of their ERP system over a two year programme.
- Established and proven IT Director or Head of IT with a strong leadership style
- Must have extensive experience working for a major organisation (£500m+) ideally within the retail sector.
- Extensive management of a diverse and growing IT department (development, infrastructure, Programme management, IT services, policy and procedures etc.)
- Excellent breadth of systems knowledge, including ERP development and implementation
- Considerable experience as the IT strategy driver and stakeholder
- In-depth knowledge of Omni-channel technical environments and a full understanding of the significance of customer information
- Recruitment of further technical specialists to join the existing team
- Must be within easy commutable distance of South Birmingham
- Lucrative bonus (25% to 30%)
- Generous car allowance or company car
- Contributory pension scheme (to 7.5%)
- Life assurance
- Staff purchasing and rewards scheme
This is a rare opportunity in the retail sector where the company have committed to significant investment in IT (£3m for this year) and are looking for someone to provide the innovation and strategy to drive their next five years of growth.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us