Shawbrook is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded in 2011 to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and savings products.
We differentiate ourselves by concentrating on markets where our specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer us a competitive advantage. This supports attractive stable returns and sustainable growth and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks. Fundamental to our success is a relationship focus which puts the interests of our customers and business partners at the heart of everything we do, built on a culture which stresses the use of our experience and judgement to make decisions that balance risk, return and customer need.
We are currently looking for an IT Developer to work in partnership with the Savings business to provide continuous system improvements and deliver projects through the use of the Agile Methodology, ensuring that quality standards are met and that a delivery-focused approach is applied throughout.
- Contribute to the overall technical direction of the Savings development team and the wider Shawbrook development team
- Code system amendments / enhancements as per specifications (modules / user interface / reports / web services / windows services).
- Test system amendments / enhancements made by self and others in partnership with QA resources.
- Document system amendments / enhancements.
- Database design / administration in relation to system amendments / enhancements.
- Periodical review and enhancement of departmental software development processes.
- Ensure all changes applied to the Production environment adhere to and follow all requirements for a highly regulated environment including the authoring of detailed run books and rigorous Change Control.
- Qualification in Mathematics/Computing or science related subject at A-level or equivalent.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a science, mathematics or technology discipline Experience
- Solid working knowledge of multi-user systems.
- Ideally with experience from a Financial Services background
- Must have solid working knowledge of both thin and fat client multiuser systems
- Must know and regularly use all steps of the software development life cycle (especially technical specification / code writing / testing).
- Experience in object-oriented designed systems required.
- Experience in source code management (branching/merging).
- Experience of liaising directly with users (both written and verbal). Technical Required
- Experience in C# .NET
- Experience in Object oriented software design
- Experience in Cloud with Microsoft Azure (certifications highly desirable)
- Experience in database development with excellent SQL skills and design/build/performance tuning, including Stored Procedures, Triggers, SQL DB Admin
- Broad knowledge of XML, WPF, WCF, windows services
- Awareness of VSTS and release management processes
- Automated testing techniques such as Unit tests
- AGILE and Waterfall delivery methodologies Technical Desirable
- Broad knowledge of financial inbound and outbound payments
- Letter generation systems
- Pega or similar BPM systems Interpersonal
- Demonstrable experience in managing multiple stakeholder relationships.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'