J O B D E S C R I P T I O N
REPORTINGTO IT Development Manager
DEPARTMENT Group IT Services
We are looking for an IT Developer with a strong background in design, development, test, improvement and reporting for Finance and Account departments. The successful candidate will work in a fast paced and collaborative environment, using their programming and analytical to support and improve our finance function.
Applicants must have at least 2 years experience using bespoke development as well as commercial financial products, coupled with a proven track record of delivering improvements. The applicant must have determination and passion and be able to take ownership, and deliver robust, scalable, high quality solutions.
The role will initially be focussed on existing financial systems and reporting processes. The role will involve interactions with all departments and at all levels of the business operation.
The applicant will be familiar with working within a project management framework and be comfortable deriving requirements from agile methods. The applicant will be supported by experienced project management, finance, development and support resources, with many years of experience within the estate agency business.
The working hours will be 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday.
We are offering a basic salary up to £35,000, dependent on experience.
- Commercial experience using bespoke and/or commercial financial products
- At least 2 years commercial experience using, Visual Studio 2003/2005/2010, SQL Server database 2008 R2 or later, Windows Services, and JSON/XML technologies
- A firm grasp of reporting methodologies and in-depth experience with the Microsoft SSRS and Crystal reports.
- Proven experience in working with large data sets, segmenting these as required to provide data insight
- Ability to develop key insights into customer, property and operational data developing a strong set of informative KPI’s
- Experience of working with commission schemes, reporting for statements and adhoc analysis
- Experience of working with Access Accounts
- Ability to develop data management processes to ensure data is consistently kept up-to-date
- Ability to develop dashboards showing overall data performance (for example, using Microsoft Power BI or similar reporting frameworks)
- Ability to deliver data insight and MI in easily readable formats and in a timely manner (including group-wide KPIs, Commission statements and adhoc analysis)
- Any .Net MCP, MCAD or MCSD qualifications are a definite advantage
- Development and management of requests from our Finance and Accounts teams. Provide timely functional releases so as to meet fast changing business requirements.
- Working with Finance and Accounts teams to develop and improve in-house applications and integration processes (upgrade commercial packages as needed)
- Provide regular analysis reports on issues and opportunities based on data intelligence
- Deliver data extracts as request by business users
- Proactively provide ideas and solutions towards the improvement of applications and the business.
- Assess risk and impact on the existing system that may arise due to any requirement or functional change.
- You will have excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an intuitive business focused approach
- Successful candidates will have a friendly personality, good communication skills, be highly motivated team players and be able to learn and evaluate both existing and new data analysis techniques
- Ability to communicate complex data learnings and opportunities to a wider business team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and business priorities
When you join Spicerhaart you become a valued part of the Spicerhaart family, which is the largest independent estate agent in the UK. We are passionate about developing our people and actively work towards a nurturing culture of continuous improvement to enable staff to reach their full potential. We operate in a high performance culture that prides itself on delivering excellent customer service inside and out. Our reputation depends on the service we provide to our internal and external customers.NEXT STEP
Applying is easy - have your CV ready and click on the "Apply Online" button on the top right-hand side of this page. We aim to respond to all candidates, successful or not. You will hear back from a member of our Talent Acquisition Team within 10 working days.
Equal Opportunities: At Spicerhaart, variety makes our Company DNA come to life. We love people - and what's more - we love the differences that make each person who they are and we support you and encourage those differences to make you the best person you can be. Spicerhaart are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we welcome all talented individuals to apply for a career with us. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let our Talent Team know.
To all recruitment agencies: Spicerhaart does not accept speculative agency CVs. Please do not forward CVs to our Talent Team, Spicerhaart employees or any other company location. Spicerhaart is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'