IT Desktop Manager - TPR - Brighton - Up to £61k + benefits
We're looking for a technical 'hands-on' Desktop Manager who works as part of the IT Customer Services Team within the Corporate Services directorate.
The Desktop Manager will provide technical advice and guidance to BAU and projects and will own the technical desktop roadmap.
As part of this team the Desktop Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the desktop estate to 950+ users in the Brighton office and remote users, providing hands-on support for the more technical fixes and project requirements.
The Desktop Manager will be responsible for the supervision, technical development and guidance for the Desktop Support team and to lead on the day to day activities of the team.
Responsible for ensuring an effective and efficient level of IT Support is provided within the desktop support environment for resolving IT related issues, problems and requests.
The key support areas are: Laptops, Desktops, Tablets, Telephony (desktop & mobile) & Applications.
- Ensure the IT roadmap is maintained and all known future BAU and project deliverables are included and delivered to the schedule.
- Manage all aspects of the desktop estate to ensure it meets the business needs and stays within agreed budgets, covering:
- All Desktops, Laptops & Tablets
- Fixed & mobile telephony
- Multifunctional printer devices
- All Microsoft O365 based applications
- Applications & Software
- Create and maintain comprehensive support documentation and procedures.
- Manage the IT Desktop Support team and ensure procedures and processes are current and adhered to.
- Ensure the maintenance of a secure and stable estate, including arranging tasks such as the centralised deployment of patches, proactive upgrades, antivirus software management, etc
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Holder of multiple MCP certifications or equivalent experience ideally holding or working towards MCSA, MCSE (or equivalent) certification
- Extensive hands on support experience of managing a desktop estate
- Demonstrable technical experience with Desktop support covering MS SCCM & MS Intune - Build and Patching
- Extensive experience of Active Directory, MS Exchange, Group Policies, DHCP/DNS, O365, Azure.
- Experience of managing a small team
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative
- Proactive and flexible
- Communication skills at all levels
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Leadership skills
Salary and benefits As well as a starting salary between £46,093 to £61,187 we offer:
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'