Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services, energy & natural resources, life sciences and media.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China colleagues. We also work in a number of other jurisdictions through dedicated country teams.
Among our clients we count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
Our network has more than 1000 people working across 20 offices providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs.
We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Belfast, Birmingham, Bologna, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Luxembourg, Manchester, Munich, Milan, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Turin, Venice and Silicon Valley.
In 2017, Fieldfisher was named Law Firm of the Year in Western Germany at the Juve Awards, and Law firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards. 2018 saw Fieldfisher named Law Firm of the year at the Legal Business Awards 2018.
Fieldfisher's Condor Alternative Legal Solutions won the award for 'New Business and Service Delivery Models’ at the FT Innovative Lawyers Europe Awards 2017. Fieldfisher also won Personal Injury Team of the Year at the Solicitors Journal Awards 2017.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Deskside Support Technician (2nd Line) to join our friendly IT team on a permanent contract. This role will provide deskside support in our London Office, working closely with our 1st Line team, based in Manchester.
This vacancy sits within the wider IT Department, which comprises of the following core teams IT Service Desk , IT Training, IT Development, IT Projects and IT Technical Services, who provide key services to the Firm.
- To provide prompt 2nd line support in a timely manner after consultation with the user, and to ensure that all calls are assigned are dealt with efficiently and effectively, keeping the user informed of progress and logging resolution for future reference.
- To visit users at their desks to provide local support on pc hardware and printer issues.
- To ensure all calls are logged and updated in the service management tool.
- To manage, reassign and escalate calls efficiently either functional or hierarchal.
- Ensure all calls are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner.
- To be available on the Contact Centre to support 1st Line and take the overflow of calls to the IT Service Desk
- To ensure that all calls are dealt with as quickly as possible to minimise downtime to the user base.
- Effective use of all IT Service Desk tools, including call logging software, remote control tools, Contact Centre and software deployment tools.
- At busy periods you will be expected to take calls and provide backup to the 1st line team.
- Reach and exceed all users expectations for level of service.
- To work pro-actively in the department to help minimise any future problems.
- To be able to work effectively within the Helpdesk team.
- Possible travel to our European offices.
- To participate in change control meetings and to communicate details to the rest of the team.
- To prepare communications to the firm regarding changes that impact the business as required.
- To manage and maintain IT hardware and software assets.
- Any other duties required by the IT Deskside Support Team Leader
Key Skills and Experience
- Customer service mind-set
- Effective communicator
- Problem solving
- Effective Time Management skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to follow process
- High Standards and attention to detail
- Reliability / Responsibility
- Integrity / Teamwork
Some of the Systems and Applications used (Experience in these is preferable)
- Windows 7
- Worksite DMS
- Lync 2013 / Skype for Business
- Elite Webview / Enterprise
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Workshare Compare
- Winscribe Digital Dictation
- Windows Devices
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"