IT Desk Side Assist Engineer
My client, a global powerhouse within the Engineering industry, is looking for an IT Desk Side Assist Engineer to join their team in London to provide desk side support for an initial 6 month contract.
- Log or update all IT enquiries that reach you (by phone, email, IM, or in person etc) in the central ticketing system. Ensure that tickets are updated daily, unless there is an agreement evidenced for them to be on hold for a specific time period
- Provide technical desktop and application support to staff in person on site, or to remote workers as required.
- Undertake technical troubleshooting and research issues with the relevant manufacturers or vendors as required
- Escalate tickets that require help from other resolvers in order to deliver best practice customer service or to achieve Service Levels of Agreement (SLA)
- Be involved in both reactive and problem management of customer IT issues in line with best practices. Contribute to Problem Record documents and conference calls as required
- Comply with the requirements of the project controls processes e.g. Change Request documents and CAB meetings as required
- Take ownership of work required on site to create and support processes for:
- Incident Management
- Service Request Fulfilment
- Procurement and Licensing
- Asset and configuration management,
- New starter and leaver processes in conjunction with any HR / Facilities requirements.
- Desk or office moves,
- Supervising IT contractors when on site,
- Completing periodic audits (of security, or equipment or for regulatory purposes),
- Hardware or software roll outs or upgrades to individuals,
- Desk side patch management
- Ad hoc project implementations as required by our Professional Services division.
- Provide feedback on what is required from the customer for us to work more effectively as an extension of their IT department
- Take responsibility for producing and updating records about each customer so that other Desk Side Engineers will refer to before coming to site
- Run inductions and mentor other Desk Side Engineers when they visit the other sites so that they complete the required inductions to work effectively in the customer's systems
- Work with others during Major Incidents to ensure that IT services are maintained and usable
- Provide regular feedback to your line manager on initiatives that would improve the service provided to the customers. This includes but is not exclusively relating to satisfaction surveys
- To look for ways to encourage innovative thinking around how to improve legacy benefits
- To hold health, safety and welfare (HSW) as a key project value and to participate in the creation, development and implementation of HSW strategies by the project leadership team
Experience and Skills Required:
- Previous experience in a Desk Side Support Engineer role.
- Demonstrable experience of providing support in person.
- Certificates in Microsoft Windows OS (Windows 2000 > Windows 7) and server administration is preferable.
- Comprehensive hardware knowledge including mobile devices.
- Active Directory, Exchange and Back Up Software Administration.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications (ideally Office 2010 onwards).
- Experience of network and software patching.
- Proven inter-personal and communication skills, communicating with diverse customers of varying levels of IT experience.
- Conscientious and motivated, capable of working on their own on site as required.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and coverage hours.
- Study of technical troubleshooting techniques and latest technologies to remain current.
- ITIL V3 Foundation certificate or higher is mandatory.
- VPN Technology
- Cisco Switching
- Virtualisation (VMWare & Hyper-V)
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.