IT Database Specialist (Aderant) - Law Firm
We are currently looking for an experienced IT Database Administrator, with experience of supporting and developing PMS (Aderant) and building / amending system integrations, to join the IT department of a leading City Law Firm.
With a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role (preferably in the legal sector), you will possess excellent SQL skills and full working knowledge of SQL Server (2008/2012) and its various tools - SSIS, SSRS.
The role’s main purpose is to support the company’s SQL database estate and PMS from a design, configuration, upgrade and management perspective.
Standard hours are Monday - Friday 9.30am - 5.30pm, but you may be required to work occasional overtime if workload or new system implementations and initiatives demand it.
Key responsibilities as the IT Database Administrator include:
- Developing, managing and testing database back-ups and recovery plans
- Carrying out capacity planning activities
- Configuring and maintaining database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance etc.
- Ensuring SQL estate is highly available
- Applying data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Resolving practice management software (PMS) queries and liaising with the software supplier to resolve 4th line support queries
- Report writing (Excel, SQL, SSRS etc) as required
- Querying and manipulating databases
- Assisting with the development of front-end engines to access data
- Writing technical procedures and documentation
- Plus more!
Suitable candidates will need to possess the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role (minimum of 5 years), preferably in the legal sector
- Experience of supporting and developing the Aderant Expert Product or a similar PMS
- Knowledge and experience of PMS systems
- Excellent SQL skills and a working knowledge of other databases
- Full working knowledge of SQL Server (2008/2012) and its various tools - SSIS, SSRS is essential
- Experience with building / amending system integrations
- Experience with creating workflows (exposure to Windows Workflow Foundation is desirable)
- Database administration responsibility experience
- DBA skills
- Good understanding of XML technologies and OLAP SQL and data warehouse experience is desirable
- Programming skills would be highly beneficial
- A qualification or other relevant tertiary training (preferably degree level) is desirable
- Relevant Microsoft technical certifications / ITIL v3 Foundation are desirable
- MCPs (MS SQL Server, MS Visual Studio) is desirable
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive problem solver
If this sounds like the role you’re looking for, please ensure your CV showcases your relevant skills and experience and submit it in Word format (not PDF) as soon as possible, quoting 'LO - IT Database Administrator’
- Database Servers
- Sql Server
"Office Assistant jobs in London"