IT Cyber Security Officer
Basic £60,000 - £70,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Unique UK Engineer Project
Cheltenham / Swindon / Gloucester
We are currently recruiting for a Cyber Security Consultant for one of the UK's most unique and exciting projects. This senior role will allow you to join a a project at a critical stage where the next 5 - 10 years is critical for the success of the development. With billions already invested now and a lot of the key functions well established this role is critical to the long-term development.
The purpose of this post is to assist the Information and Cyber Security Manager with the organisation of IT Security providing specialist technical advice on security reviews and investigations relating to IT issues, events and incidents as well as being responsible for IT security awareness training.
The role will be accountable for assisting with the development and maintenance of all Information Security policies, standards and Information Security Management system documentation in line with regulatory requirements and recognised best practice. As well as assisting with implementing and maintaining Information Security technical, physical, procedural and personnel security measures
This is the chance to be part of a unique and exiciting project with long-term ambition and something that could be a fundamental UK project for the next 20 years. A background in Power Generation, Defence, Government or highly regulated industries would be a huge benefit.
Key Activities & Accountabilities - IT Cyber Security Officer
- Ensure that all information risks are identified and appropriately managed in line with agreed tolerance levels
- Compliance with Information Security requirements
- To provide continual security improvements and provide monitoring to ensure that policies, procedures and controls are effective
- Oversee the build and maintenance of technical security measures (including but not limited to encryption, remote access solutions etc.)
- To support third party suppliers as required to ensure internal controls are not compromised
- Assist with the resolution of Information Security incidents and working to define and implement corrective actions
- Carry out Surveillance, Inspections and Audits to ensure compliance with Government Information Security Standards
- Issue formal and compelling Information Security direction
- Ensure that contractors are aware of their legal obligation for reporting any breach
Requirements - IT Cyber Security Officer
- Batchelor degree in computer science, engineering or Information Technology or relevant experience
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in career to date
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of the ISO27000 standards and experience in delivering ISO27001 certification
- Proven experience delivering Information Security within large scale delivery programs and projects at a senior management level
- Up-to-date knowledge and experience of security compliance issues and risks
- Demonstrable experience in the conduct of risk assessments and security audits in order to achieve and maintain compliance
- Experience of devising or playing a key role in contributing to policies/procedures
- Evidence of continuous professional development. Post Graduate degree preferred in Information Security or professional qualifications such as CISM, CISSP, ITIL, CCP
- Strong verbal and written communication to include excellent documentation and presentation skills, planning and prioritisation skills
IT Cyber Security Officer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'