3 Months Minimum
- To manage the commodity activities within (nominated business unit) within EM Procurement, with an annual spend (VALUE) million.
- Define and implement Business Unit Procurement Strategy to deliver targeted savings and synergies.
- 'Day to day' involvement in all the Procurement activity within the nominated Business area to ensure achievement of EBIT targets.
- Provide leadership and line management to BU Procurement team
- To act as Commodity leader for IS and Communications, in line with experience, with the objective of securing best value solutions
- Responsible for aligning the commodity plan to business objectives, translating those plans into sourcing activities, developing and driving strategies across a cluster of critical spend sub-categories categories comprising IT functional and BU spend (for Software Licences & Maintenance (SaaS/PaaS/On premise), data centre services, telecoms (Mobile/Fixed Line), and associated services).
- Ensure employees comply with the Corporate Procurement policies and strategic Procurement initiatives, and ensure full compliance with any business requirements
- Review and sign-off of tenders in line with signature protocol, and ensuring early procurement involvement
- Assist in the development of the Procurement action plan, and support in delivery as required.
- Identify 'Best Practices' and ways in which Procurement can co-operate more fully with the businesses to improve their EBIT / EVA.
- Management of relevant supplier approvals status through performance evaluation and supplier management meetings.
- Provide reporting data on (DEPT) spend and provide accurate data to ensure that Business Unit objectives are met
- Ensure effective use of (DEPT) Procurement staff skills, developing team working, and motivating the businesses to achieve critical goals
- Development of new initiatives and represent EM Procurement on strategic committees and councils in order to provide a first class service across the Division.
- Involvement in defining EM Strategic function targets for procurement and provide leadership for implementation and monitoring within own Business Unit
- Provide support to the Head of Procurement as required
- Responsible for all Procurement activity within allocated business unit.
- Drive benefits of e-Business solutions, SAP functionality. Drive the introduction and implementation of new initiatives
- Deputise for the Head of Procurement as required.
- Lead identification of new suppliers and proactively manage developments across the team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level or equivalent in-depth experience.
- Full MCIPS Professional qualification
- IS and Communications category/commodity management experience
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.