IT commercial manager - Tower Hamlets
Pay: £170 a day, umbrella
Hours: 35 hour week
Duration: 6 month
Scope: Inside IR-35
Purpose of the job:
- Acts as a key decision maker on the strategic sourcing of contracts for the provision of IT services on behalf of the Council. Manages ongoing relationships with 3rd party suppliers and partners to ensure services delivered meet contractual obligations, deliver savings and provide value for money.
- Supports the IT Contracts & Services Manager in providing high quality advice and support on contract management and supplier relationships, maintaining excellent relations with corporate procurement.
- Proactively negotiates and oversees contracts, ensures proper monitoring, ensures that all parties perform their obligations, and initiates actions to bring contracts back into line or to terminate them.
- Develop supplier management framework for improved Governance of IT suppliers.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Investigates the technical and commercial options for fulfilling requirements, including possible sources of supply, and agrees the preferred options and potential suppliers with the Technical Architect Manager.
- Ensures that suppliers are approved in accordance with corporate policies and procedures and delivers strategic supplier management.
- Manages the process, from clarifying a specification to placing contracts, engaging with professionals in other related disciplines as appropriate.
- Negotiates with preferred suppliers, prepares tender documentation, drafts underpinning contracts and technical schedules, and develops acceptance procedures / criteria, in line with the Council’s Service Level requirements.
- Manages relationships with 3rd party suppliers and partners to ensure services meet delivered meet contractual obligations and provide value for money.
- Develop Operational Level Agreements.
- Approves and maintains awareness of the payment status of supplier invoices in accordance with agreed timescales and other contractual arrangements.
- Ensures that supplier performance is properly monitored and regularly reviewed. Recommends or initiates the invocation of penalties, contract renegotiation or contract termination where appropriate.
- IT managing experience
- Local Authority experience
- Relevant qualification
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'