IT Category Manager
Your new company
To support the UK Market Unit Procurement vision to lead the delivery of the market strategy, governance, and policies, and delivering significant value through market specific strategic sourcing initiatives and supplier relationship management. This is a commercial role that will manage UK Market Unit sourcing initiatives within defined categories, providing technical and market expertise to focus on sourcing, content expertise and value delivery (price and total cost of ownership), whilst managing risk and issues with suppliers.
Your new role
The Category Specialist is accountable for their specific category, with responsibility for total UK expenditure in their area to ensure products and services are sourced competitively and cost effectively in order to meet and enhance the businesses' requirements.
The job holder will be accountable for identifying and delivering cost saving initiatives in order to achieve individual and Department targets.
The role requires the individual to lead supplier selection and qualification and manage relationships with suppliers using supplier relationship management techniques (including supplier development and measurement).
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be brought in for interview you will be required to have the following:
- Ideally holds a Graduate Degree (e.g. BA, BSc, MEng) or higher (e.g. MA)
- ITIL Certified
- Awareness of the implications of GDPR when negotiating IT contracts
- Ideally is MCIPS qualified or is studying towards this qualification (or equivalent professional qualification)
- IT Sourcing and category management experience and expertise
- Experience of delivering savings through driving sourcing and category procurement activities
- A skilled negotiator who can draw upon and develop fact based negotiation plans and is comfortable at operating with senior people within the organisations
- Industry and marketplace understanding including an understanding of relevant industry legislation
- Contract and supplier relationship management expertise
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.