IT Business Relationship Manager
London or Leicester
74k to 80k dep on exp
Pension & Benefits
Maximus is an international leader in delivering health and human services programmes. The company employs more than 11,000 professionals who deliver essential services to 35 million individuals across 300 sites in six countries.
The 5 Maximus UK entities employ 3,000+ people across the country.
This role is based in Ringmer (East Sussex), where a large UK IT infrastructure team resides.
Health Management (a MAXIMUS Company) offers expert medical advice, dynamic health-promotion campaigns and on-site clinical support to a wide range of employers nationwide. We offer a friendly and supportive working environment and understand the importance of quality and standards.
Responsible for consulting with the MAXIMUS UK business units and the Information Technology department to understand technology needs and challenges, ensure that projects align with the technology that provides best practice and direct IT strategy in support of the overall business strategy.
Establish strong relationships between IT and the business, and to increase the value realised from IT assets, investments, and capabilities. The IT Business Relationship Manager is responsible for understanding the business, assisting in the prioritization of projects, ensuring that projects align with the technology that provides maximum return on investment, and directing IT strategy in support of the overall business strategy. The IT Business Relationship Manager is the liaison between IT and the business units, and a trusted advisor to the business units. As such, the IT Business Relationship Manager needs to have significant relevant domain knowledge in subject matters pertaining to both IT and the business processes underlying the delivery of MAXIMUS UK services to its clients.
Job Description Summary
• Manage relationships with IT, business units and vendors during negotiations and evaluations to identify potential issues and risks. Maintain open lines of communication with all parties.
• Consult with business units and review IT usage, services, technology, and department specific projects in order to identify, forecast and develop IT needs.
• Coordinate the use and delivery of IT services throughout the MAXIMUS UK businesses.
• Develop business cases. analyse and report operational and financial impacts of vendors, products and services.
• Prepare and submit operational budget and cost estimates for proposed projects to senior management.
• Provide research and direction in utilizing an established project management methodology. Present alternative strategies, new products and service offerings to reduce negative impacts to projects.
• Serve as liaison with the Information Technology (IT) department, other central departments and business units to identify, forecast and address IT needs.
• Contribute to the senior IT leadership team
• Stay abreast of new technologies and their ability to provide a competitive edge.
• Look for opportunities to leverage technology to achieve business unit objectives.
• Degree level of equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field of study
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• Recent experience in senior IT leadership roles (Divisional IT Director, Business Relationship Manager/Business Partner, senior role in Professional Services organisation with excellent level of exposure to business processes and systems)
• Comprehensive knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, telecommunications
• Extensive knowledge of project, programme and portfolio management and performance monitoring practices and methodologies
• Good knowledge of business finance principles
• Ability to build, maintain and extend relationships across the organisation
• Ability to manage and direct activities of others in a multi-project environment
• Ability to perform business and process analysis
• Ability to understand and communicate/present detailed and advanced business solutions.
• Ability to communicate up and down the management chain, providing the appropriate level of detail and focus on the right information
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'