We are delighted to be able to represent our clients to recruit an IT Business Development Manager. This is a really exciting opportunity for the right person.
The successful candidate will be required to manage and build relationships with existing clients and also to generate additional revenue and increase the number of products and services supplied to clients.
- Achieve agreed call targets daily weekly to ensure overall sales targets are achieved.
- Act as a co-ordinator before, during and after sales calls.
- Arrange meetings, set agendas, organise travel and ensure all relevant documents are available.
- Work with the senior technical consultant to help build the solution agreed with the client during the sales call.
- Obtain quotes for the products and services that are required by the client.
- Build a proposal for the client.
- Prepare professional and commercially viable quotes.
- Track all quotes sent out and ensure that they are followed up in a timely and professional manner.
- Co-ordinate and attend, with the senior technical consultant, regular commercial and technical reviews.
- Develop a plan of 3-6 months of potential revenue streams within that client to provide accurate sales forecasts to the Head of Sales and Marketing.
- Ensure that all client data is updated and maintained accurately within the Customer Relationship Management System.
- Have complete ownership and responsibility for everything that happens within that client from a commercial and relationship standpoint.
- To work cooperatively with other departments to ensure accuracy of information, and resolution in a timely manner of any potential technical or commercial issues.
- Be a brand advocate when working at client’s premises
- Strong communication skills, ability to ask open questions to gain information from clients and build rapport with clients.
- A self-starter.
- Ability to influence across all levels of the organisation, with a consultative approach.
- Well-organised and able to multi-task.
- Proven credibility with a range of professional services clients.
- Professional, approachable and flexible.
- Team player, works effectively with colleagues across all functions.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates energy and a positive attitude.
- Tenacity and a strong desire to make a difference.
- Customer focused
- Attention to detail able to produce high quality of work consistently.
- Sales experience to the SME and/or professional services market
- Broad understanding of IT- in particular back-up, security and disaster recovery
- Some knowledge and fair understanding of Virtualisation and Cloud Services
- Competitive Salary
- Structured Commission
- Incentive Prizes
- Free Parking