We are recruiting for an experienced IT Assistant to join our client's busy team.
The successful candidate will act as an Assistant to the IT Network Manager in offering all levels of IT help, support and maintenance to our branch locations. You will be responsible for providing technical support and an efficient and effective administrative and front line customer service for the IT Department.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Performing and updating hardware and software maintenance duties.
- Make improvements and require changes to a range of systems and processes to support the business.
- Evaluate existing customer system hardware, and perform system upgrades.
- Install, integrate, customise, configure and test new systems and hardware.
- Perform routine day to day hardware and software maintenance as assigned and assist in proper upkeep and utilisation of systems.
- Supporting the delivery of new technological systems and processes, including facilitating training when appropriate.
- Troubleshooting and correcting hardware/software computer and network problems.
- Investigate, analyse, and resolve problems on computer systems.
- Answer support queries via phone and email and maintain a high degree of service for all support queries.
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- Resolve configuration conflicts and errors.
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected and document resolution.
- Updating and maintaining the maintenance and operation of approximately 100 workstations and laptops.
- Set up users in order to provide them with network and email facilities and to ensure time accuracy.
- Analyse and resolve problems on computer applications and systems for staff across all other offices.
- Provide a wide range of technical assistance to all members of staff.
- Ensure that the entire company network including all workstations have the latest anti-virus software installed and updated with the latest virus alerts.
- Carry out daily backups and file restoration as required which will enable users to recover data files as required.
The ideal candidate should be/have:
- 3-4 years of IT experience.
- Experience of Microsoft Servers 2012 and 2016, PC's and Office 365,
- Experience of working in a technical support role.
- Experienced in resolving hardware issues.
- Ability to diagnose and rectify a wide range of computer hardware and software problems.
- Experience in troubleshooting simple network issues.
- Experience of Microsoft Azure.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well on own initiative and as part of a team.
- GCSE or equivalent Mathematics and English
- B-Tec / NVQ in IT or equivalent
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'