IT Assistant 1st line exp
Job title: IT Assistant
Office Location: London
Working hours: 09:00 - 17:30 - 37.5 hours per week
Overall purpose of the role:
- Working as part the IT Desk Team based in our London office delivering IT, telephony and videoconferencing support services throughout the organisation.
- Assisting with the day-to-day organisation and deployment of resources ranging from computer hardware / software, mobiles and videoconferencing equipment.
- Assisting with the implementation of new processes.
- Technical position with a strong emphasis on internal customer support.
The following are the key areas of responsibility for the role:
- Providing local and remote support for ITC related issues for all office based and remote users.
- Assisting with the general administration of the network.
- Assisting with the installation and configuration of software and hardware on new and existing computers.
- A flexible, "can do" approach is essential; the candidate will occasionally be expected to work outside of normal office hours.
- Promoting and maintaining excellent internal customer relations by dealing effectively and efficiently with matters that fall within your responsibility.
- Exhibiting excellent communication and listening skills and demonstrate empathy in dealings with staff.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times, exercising discretion and good judgment when dealing with confidential matters.
- Promoting Information Security awareness across the firm.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
- IT related qualifications (Microsoft, VMware or Networking).
- Experience in a 1st line IT support role.
- Good troubleshooting/ analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of network infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of Windows 2012/16, Active Directory administration and Group Policy.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft products: Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite & Office 365.
It is important that that the successful candidate can also demonstrate:
- A passion for new technologies.
- Strong communication (both verbal & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills including planning, prioritising, timekeeping and meeting deadlines.
- A strong Team ethic; enjoys working as part of a group but is equally capable of working independently.
- customer support
- 1st line support
- desktop support
- IT helpdesk
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'