We have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Apprenticeship Trainer to join the team in the North East region to support the growth of our digital academy. As an Apprenticeship Trainer, you will be responsible for the coaching and development of apprentices through the Digital Marketer and IT Technical Sales programmes. You will be required to identify and assess learners’ needs so that robust and individualised learning plans are in place to support the learner through to achievement and to realise their full potential in the industry. You will work alongside us to develop the plan for how and when the on-programme and end-point assessments will be delivered and assess the apprentices’ progress towards these skill developments. The main aims are to work closely with the apprentices’ workplace mentor and to establish effective ways of learning to improve learner satisfaction and success rate. You will need to be flexible and have the ability to manage your own time, work to targets and build successful relationships with learners .You will be required to ensure that learners are engaged, retained and on course for timely completions through management of an e-portfolio and preparation for End Point Assessment achievement.
- To effectively initial assess learners to measure existing vocational skills prior to delivery
- Set clear goals and targets to create a plan tailored to individuals’ needs
- Establish positive working relationships with apprentices and employers
- Inspire, motivate and raise apprentices’ aspirations through their passion for the sector.
- Deliver workshop/classroom-based training to groups of learners, along with field based 1:1 assessment.
- Challenge and develop apprentice’s knowledge, skills and behaviours to enable them to achieve the best performance results.
- Tracking and reporting progress of planned learning to achieve end-point assessment
- Providing observational and specific feedback, encouraging the apprentice to self-assess their performance and readiness for achievement
- Deliver information, advice and guidance to learners that appropriately prepares them for the next stage of their career.
- Support and maintain the quality assurance process for assessment, training and verification purposes, in line with Penshaw View Training’s policies and all related Awarding Body procedures and guidelines
- Ensure best practices and be aware of Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities
- Embed Safeguarding, Prevent, British Values, Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety throughout the learner’s programme
- Maintain CPD
- You will have a soundtrack record working in roles similar to Digital Marketer/Technical Sales with at least three years’ experience.
- Highly motivated, persuasive, persistent and patient
- Be professional, have a mature personality and be able to gain people's confidence and put them at ease
- A keen interest in education and a passion to train, assess and coach apprentices in their digital careers
- Proven record of working to at least Ofsted Grade 2 standard
- Excellent communicator
- Have good administrative skills, be flexible, adaptable and be able to cope under pressure
- Hold an A1 Assessor award (or equivalent)
- At least 12 months’ teaching experience and appropriately qualified e.g. PGCE / DTTLS/L4 EAT
- Experience of apprenticeship standards and EPA
- Hold a full UK driving licence and willingness to travel
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'