Buxton School is a vibrant and exciting place to work, with a staff team who are committed to making a difference to the lives of young people. We believe that every pupil can be inspired to be the very best that they can be and we set the highest expectations so that pupils develop the skills, confidence and independence necessary to become successful learners.
This is a great opportunity to complete an ICT Level 3 apprenticeship while working as part of the ICT Team at a fantastic school, providing guidance and support for pupils and staff.
- Provide a practical service to address printer problems including but not limited to, paper jams and replacement of toner cartridges.
- Assist with the recycling of toners and IT equipment.
- Assist with the upkeep of the hardware inventory and security marking of all IT equipment.
- Deal with support requests under the supervision of line manager.
- Install and maintain ICT services in a range of locations, for the use, support and development of applications and systems in line with the school’s requirements and targets.
- Liaise with external suppliers and report faults to service providers.
- Contribute to the work of the team in the delivery of projects and support as required by the ICT Manager.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work flexibly, sometimes outside of normal core hours in response to service demands as agreed with the ICT Manager.
- To support & service audio-visual equipment.
- To understand and comply with the School’s Equality Policy
- To uphold and comply with the statutory provision of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation on Council Policies and Procedures relating to Health and Safety at work
- Any other duties as may reasonably be expected within the grade of the post
- The post holder will have daily contact with pupils and staff and therefore must have the ability to relate effectively to all adults and young people
- To conduct software installation on PCs as agreed with the ICT Manager
- To conduct hardware troubleshooting as agreed with the ICT Manager
- To create, install and maintain network cables as agreed with the ICT Manager
- Reset software and hardware credentials for staff and pupils.
- Capture computer images and re-image computers across the school as agreed by the ICT Manager.
- To maintain laptops and iPad/mobile devices across the school and lapsafes and iPad/mobile device trolleys. To ensure that they are booked out and opened/closed in line with the school’s security measures.
- To conduct regular projector/interactive board maintenance and servicing. To assist with the replacement of any projectors and/or interactive screens.
- To create and maintain fobs/door access control for members of staff.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinker
- Ability to use initiative to think through problems to find solutions
- Literate with good written communication skills
- Numerate and able to work with basic spreadsheet functions
- Knowledge or experience of hardware and software
- Understand and have knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Generic ICT skills
- Tactful and sensitive
- Committed to working as a positive and constructive team member
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
36hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
You will be paid £173.25 - £246 (dependent on age) per week whilst in your apprenticeship.
This post can lead to a permanent position upon successful completion.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'