Our client, a science and technology firm based in South Cambridge, is looking for an IT and Business Systems Manager to join their company. This role is responsible for all aspects of the company’s IT systems and for supporting and developing the company’s business systems. The role will also cover recommending and implementing new business systems to support company objectives, alongside training users. Candidates must have great people skills; able to coach people through technology complexity, and customer focused with great communication skills.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing company IT & communications systems for effectiveness and cost
- Managing the company’s various external IT support partners with specific regard to: Server Hardware and infrastructure, Internet and other communications suppliers, and Telephony and mobile communications providers
- Managing third party suppliers and partners
- Managing the delivery of day-to-day support and strategic development of the company’s ERP system and any interfacing systems
- Project Manage all IT and Business Systems projects in line with business strategy and priorities and work closely with company stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage, support and develop other business systems that support the day-to-day objectives of the company as directed by the Senior Management team. These include, but are not restricted to: ERP system (including Finance, Sales and Order Processing, Stock Control, MRP, Works Orders, Bill of Materials), Bar Coding system, Document Management, MS SQL, MS SharePoint, Production and R&D Machine calibration and maintenance system, and bespoke web based corporate applications.
Candidates must have a minimum of five years’ of progressively more responsible IT experience; able to discuss their experience participating in and leading technical project teams. Candidates must have technical expertise in a variety of technologies, including: Windows, Sales Order solutions, ERP Solutions (preferably Sage), CRM and Web-based applications. Experience in IT infrastructure, application and cyber security is essential. Candidates will need to demonstrate experience leading IT infrastructure development projects, and experience developing and implementing enterprise architectures/solutions in Bio-Tech environment is preferred. Candidates must possess the ability to manage a project from conception through to implementation, using project management skills as necessary; experience of company location moves of varying size and complexity would be advantageous. IT portfolio management experience is preferred and an understanding of application of Quality Management Systems to business processes is desirable. Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to self-manage and prioritise workload, alongside the ability to manage multiple projects. Candidates will need to show that they have excellent supplier liaison and communication skills. Our client is looking for someone who is a real driver of change; someone highly innovative with excellent analytical and problem solving skills. A results orientated candidate who can deliver IT that enables the business to achieve its goals. Candidates must show an ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints; Project focused with the ability to deliver projects on time, to cost and with quality.
- Enterprise Architecture
- IT Infrastructure
- cyber security
- Leading project teams