IT System Administrator – Docklands, London
Leading Shipping Company, our client is seeking an IT System Administrator to join an established IT team in the European Headquarters. The IT System Administrator will support around 120 users in the Headquarters and UK Offices. Working as part of a small team, the IT System Administrator will provide second line support using Microsoft, Java, XML, C++, SQL and RPG.
Key Responsibilities of the IT System Administrator
- Support all IT equipment in Europe Head Office and UK offices including server, pc, printer and network equipment
- Purchase and install IT equipment and accessories e.g. toner, ink, mouse
- Support all network lines in UK, manage to keep working smoothly
- Work with IT Colleagues to support all users regarding e-Mail, main frame and IT issues
- Support IT managers’ requirements
- Co-work with HR closely like telephone system and HR system (Cascade HR)
- Coordinate with other all Europe offices whenever IT issues occur
- Ad hoc support for programs
Key Skills of the IT System Administrator
- Extensive previous experience with Java, XML, C++, SQL and RPG
- Database experience with DB2 and Oracle etc.
- Main frame experience with AS400 etc.
- Setup PC, Printer, Server and Network equipment (Router, Hub, Wifi etc)
- Knowledge of IT hardware like server, pc, printer, network equipment and software like windows, outlook etc.
- Previous experience in IT support
Compensation & Benefits of the IT System Administrator
A competitive market rate salary
Benefits include: competitive pension, gym subsidiary, life assurance, subsidised vending machine, eye tests, childcare vouchers
After probation: private healthcare, income protection, season ticket loan, personnel loan
Regular social events and company parties
Working hours; 7 hours per day Monday to Friday, 1 hour for lunch
Key words: AS400, PC, Server, Network Equipment, eMail, JAVA, SQL, RPG etc.
Job Type: Full-time
If you would like to be considered for this IT System Administrator role please click ‘APPLY’ below.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job