Our Head Office IT Service Desk provides our national business with technical and functional support and incident management across core infrastructure components, business systems and user equipment, including bespoke applications and systems. This is the first point of contact for all calls and the team must ensure all calls are answered and issues are logged, diagnosed and resolved/escalated where applicable within agreed SLA timeframes.
This is an exciting role for a customer-focussed individual to join our energetic IT Service Desk to provide high quality, effective incident management and fulfilment of our customers’ requests.
What will you do?
- Providing 1st and 2nd line technical support to internal customers
- Receiving and logging calls on behalf of users
- Diagnosing issues via the telephone and providing resolutions where possible
- Routing calls to appropriate teams
- Controlling and monitoring IT systems
- Pro-actively keeping customers updated
- Providing onsite and remote Desk Support
- Maintaining Service Level targets
- Installing software and hardware
- Managing incidents, requests and problems
- Setting up and administering accounts and profiles
- Assisting with End User training
- Maintaining an accurate asset register
- Coordinating suppliers, contractors to ensure timely incident and problem resolution
What will you need?
- Demonstrated experience in 1st line support
- Self-initiative and the drive to provide great customer service
- A positive, proactive approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective planning and organisational skills with experience following procedures and guidelines
- A good understanding of IT systems (servers, networks, client and printing devices)
- Able to work to deadlines in line with a Service Level Agreement environment
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work effectively on your own and in a team environment
- Experience of using appropriate IT technology, methods, principles and equipment such as: Lotus Notes, MAC, Win8 Cisco Phone systems, basic networking knowledge, active directory, MS Sharepoint
- Understanding of ITIL processes with experience in at least one of the following areas; Project Management, Service Transition Management, Knowledge Management, Change Management, or Continuous Service Improvement
What do we offer?
- £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- An additional 10% of your annual salary as a non-contractual London Weighting benefit
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job