We are seeking to appoint a talented and committed 2nd line Support Engineer to perform a key role in assisting our clients and internal staff with an escalation point for technical queries.
This role has become available due to the continuing growth of the company. You will be involved with a variety of service desk, desktop, telephone, remote and client facing support and you will be given many opportunities to get involved with a range of IT work.
Candidates must have excellent customer service and quality management skills, equipped with the passion, resources and commercial insight to help achieve them. In return, you will be working with a wide range of technologies as part of a friendly and dedicated team, in a great environment. The ideal candidate should have experience of working in a dynamic environment, requiring constant updating of knowledge in both the technical and procedural aspects of the job.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation with opportunities for further career enhancement or for those keen to progress.
- To provide second and third level support to high calibre customers and personnel
- You will support the first/second line team to resolve issues that come into the service desk acting as a point of escalation for more challenging issues
- Ensure that incidents are resolved in a timely manner to meet defined service level targets
- Proactively help resolve tickets where required
- To participate as a project resource as and when required
- Participate in on call rota as required
- Personal Attributes & Experience (candidates should have a mixture of the below, certainly not ALL of them - job experience will fill the gaps)
- The candidate should have experience of the following but not limited to:
o Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 R2, 2016, Hyper V Windows 7 / 8 /10 / VMWare
o Microsoft Office suite /Active Directory / MS Exchange / Office 365
o Security products and practices in IT environment
o Networking knowledge covering LAN/vLAN/WAN technologies
- Be passionate about customers and service, with a strong will to make a difference.
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment, prioritising and multi-tasking effectively
- Demonstrate expertise in all activities associated with providing end user PC support and problem resolution on complex and difficult PC hardware and software issues
- Strong problem solving abilities and excellent communication, customer handling and inter-personal skills.
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities, attention to detail. Target focused, proactive and keen to spot opportunities to refine and improve processes and service
- Must be able to deal direct with clients in a friendly and highly confident manner demonstrating excellent internal and external customer communication skills.
- Is self-starting, analytical, results and solutions-driven.
- Have proficiency in appropriate business language and ability to present ideas effectively.
- Calm and able to focus when in a pressure situation.
- Honesty and Integrity
- Salary on application based on candidate suitability, qualifications and experience
- Continuous Professional Development training
- Private Healthcare
- Customer Communication
- Organisational Skills
- Problem Solving
- Highly Detailed
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job