Reed Social and Health Care - Qualified Hub - Leeds are currently recruiting for an experienced IRO in Wakefield:
Experienced IRO required for Wakefield. £42 per hour
In order to apply for this post you must be qualified as a Social Worker, be on a Social Work England register and have significant post qualifying experience as an IRO. This is an urgent role in response to current health crisis with Coronavirus outbreak.
Overall purpose of the post:
1. To ensure the safety and wellbeing of children and young people who may be at risk of significant harm.
2. To ensure services deliver positive outcomes based on Every Child Matters principals is consistent with legislation, regulations, guidance, local policies and procedures, informed by relevant research and evaluation and which represents value for money
3. To chair child protection case conferences and statutory reviews of children looked after by the local authority.
4. In carrying out this independent chairing role, to check the quality and appropriateness of child protection and care plans for each child, and ensuring statutory requirements and departmental policy and procedures are adhered to.
5. To check that children, their families and substitute carers are involved appropriately in the planning and review of children’s cases.
6. To take appropriate follow-up action with responsible managers, staff and senior managers to ensure plans are developed and implemented.
7. To maintain an ongoing overview and tracking of all allocated cases.
8. To promote and enable full participation of young people and their parents within their reviews and conferences
9. To have a key role in providing an overview to senior managers of practice and standards of care, and in the development of high standards of practice
10. To identify and disseminate examples of good practice and draw attention to deficits in practice and breaches of statutory requirements and procedures, both directly to accountable managers and staff and to senior managers as appropriate.
11. To contribute to the development of policy and procedures and provide specialist advice on planning for children.
12. To promoting and develop effective working relationships with agencies across the area and relevant partners across Wakefield.
13. To contribute to the Councils priorities outlined in the Children & Young People Plan.
Dedicated expert consultant
A smooth & speedy registration process - we guarantee to meet you at a place & time that’s convenient for you, and everything else can be done online!
Online timesheets & pay management
3 payment methods available: Umbrella, PAYE & Ltd Co
Automatic invoicing (Umbrella & Ltd Co)
Office hours 8am-6pm to provide support/advice
Substantial Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Fund to put towards training or other development
Reed Rewards, Reed Discount Club, Holiday pay, Statutory benefits & pension (PAYE only)
£250 Referral/recommendation bonus!*
Contact me today to apply!
Coronavirus, Health, Urgent job
- Child Protection
- Social Work
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'