Role: IP Secretary (Patents and Trademarks)
Salary: £22k - £28k
Hours:Monday - Friday, 9.00 am - 5:00 pm
A leading intellectual property firm seeks a patent secretary to work as part of its friendly team. Experience in a similar role would be an advantage, but is not essential.
This role requires a highly motivated individual who enjoys organizing, has excellent attention to detail, communicates clearly and has an outstanding standard of written English.
You will assist patent/trade mark attorneys with their work, for example with their client and patent office correspondence and more generally with file management. The firm's clients include large multinationals, small to medium sized companies, as well as universities and other intellectual property firms around the world. You will have responsibility for communicating directly with clients about their patent cases and will work closely with partners of the firm, as well as with other secretaries and administrative staff.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Preparing and sending correspondence and invoices to clients, including audiotyping;
* Reviewing official correspondence from e.g. patent/trade mark offices and reporting to clients;
* Reviewing incoming emails, noting instructions and relevant deadlines, replying where appropriate, and saving to electronic files;
* Assisting with arrangements of overseas trips;
* Compliance with relevant protocols
* Recording and passing on telephone messages accurately and promptl
Minimum 5 GCSE's at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including English & Maths, recognised qualifications in word processing/typewriting
Experience of working in an office environment essential, experience of working in a patent and/or trade mark firm an advantage
- Ability to handle and prioritise large volumes of data
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
- Willingness to support others to achieve firm-wide goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in a clear, concise and friendly manner is essential.
- Client service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- You must be proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent typing skills
- Ability to transfer information from paper to an electronic database.
- You will be provided with in-house training on the firm's electronic filing, records and other IT systems
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn
- Flexible and adaptable
- Focused and professional attitude is essential
Please enquire for further details.
- intellectual property