Position: IP Records/Formalities Team Member
Job Type: Fixed-term contract of 12 months(Maternity Cover) - Likely to go permanent.
Based in: Bath
Salary: According to qualification and experience (£20k - £30k)
This role is with an established firm of patent and trade mark attorneys. Their clients range from established global corporations to UK-based start-ups, and the Bath office handles incoming patent and trade mark applications from clients around the world.
In the Bath office, they have eighteen fee-earning legal professionals and twelve specialist support staff, including a six-person Records/Formalities team. Their Bath office is in the heart of the historic city.
This is a varied position, but your tasks will typically be to:
* Manage official correspondence from the UKIPO, EPO, European Union Intellectual Property Office and WIPO, as well as incoming correspondence from attorney firms around the world, and docket due dates in our IP case management system (Inprotech).
* Set up new cases relating to patents, registered designs and trade marks.
* Look after the firm's reminder system for attorneys.
* Work on patent formalities, including preparation and filing of patent forms at UKIPO and EPO, validation of European patents, and recordals of assignments and name changes at IPO.
* Liaise with external providers about our clients' patent, design and trade mark renewals.
Who we're looking for:
* As well as being someone who thrives as part of a team, you'll be used to using your initiative, resourceful enough to work independently when needed, and excellent at prioritisation.
* Combined with strong problem solving and IT skills, your attention to detail will be first-class.
* In terms of academic background, we're looking for at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A* to C, including English and maths, and higher qualifications such as A levels or equivalent, or even a degree may be an asset.
* Ideally you would have the CIPA Introductory Certificate in Patent Administration, but we are more interested in your experience and proven skills in the IP field.
Please enquire for further details.
- Intellectual Property
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job