Our client is looking to recruit an iOS Developer to join the team and be at the forefront of our Driver experience. They are looking to bring on an iOS Developer that brings talent and passion for creating apps that engage users and utilise the power of the smartphone to drive new insight into their behaviour.
As an iOS Developer you will work in a lean, agile environment to help define and deliver the product vision and to leverage of the technical resources and processes available across our client's portfolio of ventures.
You will primarily develop for Android but flexibility across other platforms would also be valuable as you help them to grow a world class team.
The role will be based at our London office with occasional travel to meet users and technology partners. They operate a flexible working policy as creativity doesn’t come from chaining people to their desks!
Role and Responsibilities:
As an iOS Developer you will be.
Implement & Deploy
- To help refine the system architecture working with the Lead Architect and CPO bringing your own experience of iOS development.
- To work closely with the UX/UI team to drive user engagement finding the balance between UX/UI vision and rapid delivery for trial.
- To help refine and deliver the product features defined within the roadmap to support the realisation of the company's vision bringing your first hand experience to help define the right solutions to users' needs.
- To implement good development and release process ensuring suitable quality metrics such as standards, performance and testing are met as applicable as you scale the product across 1000’s of users.
- To implement best practices relating to architecture, security and compliance with consideration of the sensitivity of collecting user data.
Strategy & Planning
- Work with the rest of the team to help define the strategy based on your experience of agile mobile development and your own wider experiences as you assist in meeting some of the company's core users.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team, lead architect and CPO to build estimates and a delivery plan that meets the needs of the venture.
- Continue to develop your personal knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and software development best practices.
- Mentor and collaborate with other members of the development team to ensure a culture of collaboration and learning is at the centre of what you do.
- To manage personal workload in order to effectively deliver against estimates and commitments.
Experience and Skills:
Required experience and skills for iOS Developer
- Proven commercial experience bringing a number of engaging applications to users.
- Experience in Agile / Lean practices.
- Proficient in native iOS (Swift) development across the stack with experience of developing complex application engines that can efficiently process and manage data.
- Competent utilising all of the sensors available within the device to collect and manage data with a server side platform ensuring that the user experience is maintained regardless of connectivity.
- Deep knowledge of core iOS frameworks (UIKit, CoreLocation, CloudKit, HomeKit etc).
- Experience working within a Test Driven Development environment and working with the appropriate automated testing tooling.
- Experience working with continuous deployment pipelines responding to user needs through MVP and trials.
- Experience of managing multiple core user features within a single application at different levels of development maturity.
- Proficient with source control within teams, specifically Git and GitHub.
- Experience working with partner technology companies to utilise 3rd party SDKs and APIs. Comfortable engaging directly with third party technical contacts.
- Experience implementing appropriate security and compliance standards.