Job; iOS Developer - Manchester/Remote (50/50)
Launched in 2004 this company has helped over 10 million people in the UK and US find homes to share and great people to share them with. Their iOS app is undergoing a complete visual refresh, adopting and adapting Apple’s design principles into their brand. It’s not just visuals that are being overhauled, they’re also delivering impactful UX improvements, adding exciting new features and prototyping new ideas.
Over the last year they’ve been featured by Apple multiple times, including as App of the Day, positioned alongside the biggest names on the App Store. They’re looking for a passionate developer to channel that excitement into the achievement of their goals and lead on the development and delivery of their iOS app.
What you can expect to do as one of their iOS Developers:
- Work in cross functional project teams to deliver new features for their app
- Ensure their app keeps up to date with evolving iOS requirements
- Release new versions of the app to the App Store
- Make improvements, fix bugs and refactor old parts of their app to Swift
- Write clean, pragmatic and testable code
- Contribute to design of performant APIs
- Mentor junior app developers
Tools and technologies they use:
- Autolayout both Storyboard/Nibs & Code
- Buddybuild - CI
- XCTest - Unit Testing
How they like to work:
- Simple, easy to read and well tested code
- Small iterative releases
- Test Driven Development
- Collaboration over isolation
- Short lived, self-organised, project teams
- Pair coding in order to share & improve skills and code quality
You should apply if you:
- Have experience in Objective-C and Swift
- Have experience with Object-Oriented Programming
- Have experience in developing iOS apps using Swift, iOS SDK and XCode
- Have experience releasing builds to Apple’s App Store
- Have experience with watchOS and universal apps
- £’s; fully DoE approx. £45k-£65k (neg.),
- Benefits; Cycle to Work scheme, Tech Scheme, Season travel loans, Matched pension contributions
- Gym membership contributions, Optional private healthcare, Rental deposit loan scheme, Basic holiday allowance starting at 23 days, as well as Bank and Public Holidays.
- Location; Currently fully remote in accordance with Government lockdown guidelines, moving to a 50-50 split between office based & work-from-home thereafter. Offices based in Central Manchester (easy access via Victoria &/or Piccadilly train stations)
- Interested? Please send your (Word doc) CV,
- Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
- Not for you but you know someone suitable? - Profile 29 can pay a referral fee,
- Visit our website for lists of all current job opportunities,
Profile 29 recruitment keywords; Autolayout Storyboard Nibs Code Buddybuild CI XCTest Unit Testing CocoaPods MVC Objective-C Swift Object Oriented Programming OOP iOS app apps application applications SDK XCode Apple App Store watchOS Manchester North West Cheshire Lancashire Merseyside home remote WFH develop developer development code coder coding programmer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'