Sussex Recruitment are seeking enthusiastic individuals who are positive about learning disabilities to work in this specialist school setting with learners aged 7-25 with a wide range of educational needs.
The Involve Learners form a group of young people with a diverse range of complex needs and characteristics who struggle to access and to take part in group sessions. This means you will work with individuals in very specific ways to meet their needs and the learners require specific attention to detail, innovation and care.
You will require the following skills and experience to be successful in this position;
* Positive and compassionate attitude towards Learners.
* Proven experience of working in more than one core team (or equivalent external experience)
* Evidence of good working relationships with OT/SALT/Medical/Wellbeing etc. (or equivalent external experience)
* Evidence of valuable Positive Behaviour Support planning
* Evidence of timetable and staffing input/experience
* Evidence of understanding, creating and implementation of Risk Assessment as well as evident experience of balanced and professional use of dynamic risk assessment and responses to behaviours that challenge
All job applicants will be required to provide 2 referees (one must be your most recent employer) and undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
We endeavour to respond to all applications; however, due to the large volume this isn’t always possible. If you haven't heard from us within seven days, please assume you have not been successful for this particular role. Thank you for your interest and please continue to look at our website for future opportunities.
- Risk Assessment