We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for an Investment Risk Analyst, to join M&G Investments and to perform investment risk oversight on M&G fixed income funds. Areas of risk concern will be market risk or liquidity risk related, and will focus on ensuring that client expectations (and TCF considerations) of investment products are being met.
• Liaising directly with fund managers, closely monitor known and emerging areas of risk in portfolios, discuss with fund managers.
• Applying judgment and creativity to identify possible future areas of risk for portfolios.
• Escalating risk concerns to relevant committees.
• Producing material for regular face-to-face meetings with fund managers to discuss areas of risk concern and resolve issues or disagreements.
• Presentation of material at relevant committees (e.g. Investment Performance and Risk Committee, Liquidity Management Committee) as well as escalation to committees where necessary.
• Daily risk oversight of levels, exposures and concentrations of risk in portfolios.
What we are looking for:
You will have excellent technical skills in understanding financial risk models, in particular the relevant fixed income risk modelling techniques, including areas where these methodologies may be deficient and what can be done to remediate weaknesses. Full proficiency with up-to-date data analysis techniques is essential, (Excel, R, SQL or Python). This role focusses not just on analysing data, but also using data to draw out key areas of focus for a technical and non-technical audience, therefore communication skills and presentation skills are also key. Particularly the ability to create visual analysis that can be quickly understood on the back of complicated underlying data.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job